Riddle me these Batman!

MrBishop

1) They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, and they are darker still. ALways they flee the light, though without the sun, there would be none. What am I?

2) Lighter than what I am made from, more of me is hidden than seen, I am the bane of the mariner, a tooth within the sea. Speak my name.

3)The more there is, the less you see, squint all you wish when surrounded by me!

4)I can have no color, though there may be darkness within, I have no weight and nothing is contained in me, and if placed in a container, all the lighter it will be.

5) what is the 'object'... the man who sells it, doesnt need it the man who buys it, doesnt use it the man who uses it, dont know what is it?

So...do you have any favorite Riddles?

MrBishop

Merely a few moments after posting and Luis already has the first one...anyone else on the other 4?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I am greater than God, more evil than the devil. The rich want me, the poor have me, if you eat me you will die. Who am I?

MrBishop

PT's answer for #3 would work, it's not the form answer, but I'll give it to him :)

The form answer was Darkness

MrBishop

PuterTutor said:
I am greater than God, more evil than the devil. The rich want me, the poor have me, if you eat me you will die. Who am I?

Nothing... :) I've always liked that one.

tonksy

MrBishop said:
1) They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, and they are darker still. ALways they flee the light, though without the sun, there would be none. What am I?

2) Lighter than what I am made from, more of me is hidden than seen, I am the bane of the mariner, a tooth within the sea. Speak my name.

3)The more there is, the less you see, squint all you wish when surrounded by me!

4)I can have no color, though there may be darkness within, I have no weight and nothing is contained in me, and if placed in a container, all the lighter it will be.

5) what is the 'object'... the man who sells it, doesnt need it the man who buys it, doesnt use it the man who uses it, dont know what is it?

So...do you have any favorite Riddles?
1. shadows
2. wave?
3. light?
4. air?
5. time?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Close...but, if you put nothing in a container, it won't have less in it.

if nothing is put in a container it will be the lighter :confuse3:

MrBishop

Luis G said:
if nothing is put in a container it will be the lighter :confuse3:

Nah...if you put nothing in, the weight doesn't change.

Sorry Tonks..all wrong except the first (Which Luis got) :)

MrBishop

6) As I was going to St.Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife, with her had seven kids
Each kid with them, had seven cats
Kids, Cats, Man, Wives...how many were going to St.Ives?

tonksy

MrBishop said:
6) As I was going to St.Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife, with her had seven kids
Each kid with them, had seven cats
Kids, Cats, Man, Wives...how many were going to St.Ives?
just you, huh?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
343 cats
49 kids
7 wives
1 man

400 were going to St. Ives

Edit: :lol: just read tonks reply, how stupid I am...

MrBishop

tonks said:
just you, huh?

Tonksy got that one!
Yeah...just one. As "i" was going to St.Ives...no mention of anyone else going there.

7) A man was leaving his home to go hunting one day. He walked 1 mile south, turned due east, walked 1 mile, shot a bear and walked 1 mile north, straight home.

What was the colour of the bear?

Dave

1. shadow
2. iceberg
3. darkness
4. air
5. time

i didnt look at the other replies