Saddest thing on earth

Uki Chick

Yesterday I was at a funeral. I'm used to going to funerals for elderly people or people that have been very sick, etc. But this, this is something you can never get used to seeing. Frank's niece's son, a beautiful 5 month old baby boy, passed away from, of all things, SIDS. What made it even harder, she had an open casket. We walked in there to the site of this tiny little baby, surrounded by teddy bears, dressed in blue pj's, looking like an angel sleeping. I can't get the picture out of my mind. To think I was just holding him and playing with him a week ago and now he's gone. Saddest day ever!

RIP Maxime:crying7:

Professur

As a parent .. that shit scares the shit outta me. I used to be able to sleep through a jet takeoff, but since I spawned .... I wake at a pindrop.

Uki Chick

As a parent .. that shit scares the shit outta me. I used to be able to sleep through a jet takeoff, but since I spawned .... I wake at a pindrop.

I know a lot of parents who, like you wake up at a pindrop ever since they had children. In this case, Frank's niece was sleeping next to him and his heart just stopped. She woke up and he was gone.

MrBishop

SIDS still gives me nightmares...I'll wake up in a cold sweat and creep into my daughter's room to make sure she's still breathing. One of my cousins lost a daughter to that... not a pleasant experience for everyone involved.

RIP, little one!

tonksy

How terrible :(

SIDS still scares me and mine are 4 and 5. I still go in several times a night to check on them.

Uki Chick

From what I heard last night, boys are more prone to SIDS than girls and the age range is usually between 4 and 8 months.

Professur

From what I heard last night, boys are more prone to SIDS than girls and the age range is usually between 4 and 8 months.

think that matters? V2.0's 10 and I still wake up in a fright if her breathing changes .... and we don't even sleep on the same floor.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Is SIDS that thing that Inkara1 made a joke about?

("what's hard, long and makes women scream at night..." I think).

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I just wanted to know if it was the same thing. If it is then it is really really sad.

BB

is that the same as Cot death?

it's worse over here since whatever his name ol' docta mangla imprisoned many innocent parents fer it ...turned out to be insidiously wrong evidence - the guy got thrown out of the (thingy) BMA??

imagine ..you're worst nightmare - doubled, and tripled ...

what a cunt!

(oh ..er... my heartfelt best wishes UKI Chick )