San Francisco

Scanty

Hey everyone. Well if this isn't the strangest place in the world, huh? Jesus. Half the time I don't know whether to run for my life or stretch out and enjoy the sunshine. We're reliably informed that this is the rough part of town. Or not so reliably informed, I have no idea. It's really great down by the bay. It's really great when you find yourself inadvertantly talking to drug dealers too. By inadvertantly I mean, scared to be less that cordial for fear of being killed.
Anyway, ciao! :wave2:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
good to hear you're doing ok, and enjoying the place, despite the strange peeps around there :D after all, they are americans ;)

enjoy! :)

greenfreak

All the stereotypes are true, you're not safe if you're in this country. ;)

QUICK!! LOOK BEHIND YOU!!

:D

Nice to see you're enjoying it a little... Maybe you should take a trip to a nicer area? What are you doing there anyway, vacation? Work?

Scanty

We're just travelling. It's okay because the nice part is only a few blocks away. But they're a long few blocks if you're the one walking them believe me.
p.s. The cable cars here are INSANE.

Huge

I miss SF; I lived in Oakland for 5 years and was in SF almost every weekday for work or something. You were right about the cable cars Scanty.

Inkara1

Want to do something really fun? Try driving a car with a manual transmission up Taylor street. :D

flavio

Banned
AlladinSane said:
I think Flavio is the only member who lives there?

Yeah, I live in Oakland and work in San Francisco. What part are you staying in? I never get to talk to the drug dealers :(

I work down near 3rd and Market if you want to have a drink some evening while you're in town let me know. Or if you need some recommendations for clubs, restaraunts or shopping I'd be glad to help out.

Are you staying in the Tenderloin or something? :confuse3:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Luis G said:
drug deales in Puerto Vallarta? :eek:

;)
didn't think the folks would have appreciated me stumbling back to the hotel stoned off my arse. ;) they probably wouldn't have like trying to get me out of a mexican jail either. are they really as bad as the horror stories i hear about them? anyone with personal experience :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
It isn't a crime to be stoned or drunk.

Thou, getting drunk or stoned "out in the street" is illegal.