Saw 4

Professur

One question about GB2 ... who fathered Sigourney Weaver's baby? Rick Mournais or Bill Murray's character?

unclehobart

I believe that the conception was implied to have happend somewhere in the 3 year hiatus twixt the two movies. That would have made it Murray's by default.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I believe that the conception was implied to have happend somewhere in the 3 year hiatus twixt the two movies. That would have made it Murray's by default.

It was some European guy that wasn't in the first movie. Another cello player, I think. Sigourney had left him for a couple years after he started introducing her as "the ball and chain"...

unclehobart

Ah, yes... I forgot that.

I think it was supposed to be a 5 year hiatus wherin Murray and Weaver were a couple, then broke up, then Weaver hooked up with Mr cello, and then fell out with him after the kid, leaving Murray to.... bah... is this supposed to be a comedy or what? ... It's coming off too much as Kramer v Kramer.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Once upon a time, lo these many 18-22 years ago now, my first serious girlfriend worked at a LOW budget movie rental place. They might have done $100/day business...and mind you, this was during the "rent a movie" craze. It was a couple miles out of town (which wasn't any great shakes to start with) and right on the side of a 4-lane highway, so I wasn't thrilled about her being there alone. I hung out with her quite a bit.

This place specialized in cheesy horror flicks, and since she could take any movie in stock at closing time home for free, we watched a ton of them. Evil Dead type stuff...I mean pure cheese. The one I still remember was "Nail Gun Massacre". Talk about a must-see flick...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Once upon a time, lo these many 18-22 years ago now, my first serious girlfriend worked at a LOW budget movie rental place. They might have done $100/day business...and mind you, this was during the "rent a movie" craze. It was a couple miles out of town (which wasn't any great shakes to start with) and right on the side of a 4-lane highway, so I wasn't thrilled about her being there alone. I hung out with her quite a bit.

This place specialized in cheesy horror flicks, and since she could take any movie in stock at closing time home for free, we watched a ton of them. Evil Dead type stuff...I mean pure cheese. The one I still remember was "Nail Gun Massacre". Talk about a must-see flick...

Seen it!

I love cheesy horror flicks

Professur

The Nail Gun Massacre said:
Following the brutal rape of a young woman by a gang of construction workers, a mysterious figure wearing a motorcycle helmet and driving a gold hearse begins hunting the perpetrators down. The masked avenger's weapon of choice, obviously, is a nail gun, with which he (or could it be she?) takes out the rapists one by one. Just who is this murderous vigilante?

Sweet.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I didn't know there was a 4th one :eek:

Gonna watch it as soon as I can, I loved the first 3 :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Finally watched Saw 4 last night.

If you're a fan of the series, you'll like it. It isn't one you'd understand unless you've seen the first three though.

A tad difficult to keep up with plot-wise. A LOT of characters and events from the previous three involved. In fact, when it was over, we had to find an online spoiler to identify who was who. And of course, they leave a door open for a part five...

I'll eventually purchase it and watch it just after the third part, to refresh my memory on some things and for clarity of plot. One thing I can say for the series is, they never cheat. Everything that happens is supported by previous events.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I watched it today. I agree with Snp, you need to remember some details from previous movies in order to understand it. As for the movie per se, I think the plot was nicely adjusted to fit the other 3 movies, and as usual it has that twist that nobody expects but that it is suddenly so clear by the end of the movie.

I believe there will be a 5th movie, managing to keep up the good work won't be easy thou.