School teacher bans Linux

catocom

Oh yeah, I did read that. IE still is used in the background by many processes. Well, I guess I never noticed the slowness, but I don't have an alternative experience to compare to.

Microsoft IE 7 Has Major Security Hole
Microsoft has reportedly admitted that there is a major security flaw in Internet Explorer 7, the most popular and widely used web browser on the market. The security flaw leaves users open to having passwords stolen by hackers.

An estimated 10,000 websites online are running exploits that can be used to steal passwords from online games. Security firms worry that other hackers may take advantage of the flaw in the browser to steal data of more importance.

The flaw is so significant that Microsoft is said to be considering releasing an emergency update to close the gaping hole in security. So far, the exploit has only targeted IE7, but Microsoft says that other older versions of Internet Explorer may be susceptible as well.
http://uk.i4u.com/article22289.html

guess I'm on FF, for a while at least.

valkyrie

"open sauce operating system Linux"
"Open sauce"????
"unnamed teacher"?
AISD = Austin Independent School District. Austin is a very tech-y city. Somehow I seriously doubt that this article is valid.

I smell a hoax.

chcr

Too cute for words
"open sauce operating system Linux"
"Open sauce"????
"unnamed teacher"?
AISD = Austin Independent School District. Austin is a very tech-y city. Somehow I seriously doubt that this article is valid.

I smell a hoax.

Or a 4chan Anon.