Scientists Say Dark Matter Doesn't Exist

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Professur, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Professur I'm just a fungii. Well-Known Member

No shit
  2. unclehobart Cynic PhD New Member

Any scientist that claims there isn't dark matter obviosuly hasn't been to the bathroom of a hot wings bar ... pee-yew. There's more dark matter in there than you can shake a stick at.
  3. 2minkey كافر bootlicker

upon reading the thread title i was certain that some sort of excretory reference would be made.

nice work.
  4. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

That's called guessing, in laymans terms.
  5. Professur I'm just a fungii. Well-Known Member

Well, there goes yet another 20% of the fabricated dark universe.

Source
  6. unclehobart Cynic PhD New Member

Perhaps the Universe has been dieting. She has been looking slimmer lately.
  7. SouthernN'Proud Fighting oppressive Warshinton gubmint since 1861 Southern Discomfort

Translation: We don't know, and there CAN'T be anything to creationism, so here, we made this up so we'd sound smart and be able to keep our grants.

Fucking shamans.
  8. Inkara1 To err is human. To arr is pirate. Well-Known Member

Have you called Jenny yet?
  9. Professur I'm just a fungii. Well-Known Member

source

Off by 2 to 3 times.
  10. Altron LIKE A BOSS!!!!! Well-Known Member

yeah, dark matter holds spacetime together, and luminiferous ether allows the propagation of light through a vacuum.

there have been many scientific phenomenon that were mathematically theorized to exist long before they were actually discovered. But, there have been just as many that were theorized and turned out to not exist.

Don't treat dark energy as a proven fact. It's a placeholder, so to speak. We observed something, namely redshift and the acceleration of the expansion of the universe, and fabricated something to explain it. Maybe it's right, and dark matter exists exactly how we theorized. It's happened. The outer planet's orbits were inconsistent with Kepler and Newtonian gravity, and someone predicted that a magical extra planet existed in order to cause this. Lo and behold, once astronomers knew where to look, Neptune was discovered right where it was supposed to be.
    But, there's also been situations where a fabricated explaination has been completely false. Scientists didn't know how waves, which typically required a medium to propagate through, were able to travel in space. They invented "luminiferous ether", a magical gas that space is full of, which permits the transmission of light waves. This was false. It wasn't until wave particle duality and the emergence of subatomic particle physics that we were able to fully explain how this could occur with no medium of propagation.
  11. Winky Banned Well-Known Member

12. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

I figure it's purgatory.
    Gotta make more room all the time, for more messed up souls.
  13. MrBishop Fuckin' Idealist on Holiday. CYA Well-Known Member

That's science for you... see a problem, propose a theorem, test it, place it out there for others to verify or discount etc etc... rince, repeat.
  14. Professur I'm just a fungii. Well-Known Member

Works well, until you start insisting that you're right ... this time.... again.
  15. spike New Member

Sciences gets refined. If nobody ever thought they were right you wouldn't have a computer.
  16. Professur I'm just a fungii. Well-Known Member

They're perfectly allowed to think they're right. It's when they go to the effort of convincing the sheeple they're right beyond question that I have a problem. What they've done is said ... our calculations can't be wrong, so this must exist to prove us right ... instead of saying ... Ok, this doesn't add up .... what's wrong.

Sorry, but when you have to invent 80% of the universe out of whole cloth to make your calculations fit .....