Scientists 'touch' via Internet

A.B.Normal

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/29/tech.handshake.reut/index.html

Recreational uses seen

It would also have recreational uses, allowing people to touch and feel each other over the Internet.

"There are certainly strange aspects to this," Jordan said. "You can hit each other hard enough to leave little bruises, and there are bigger versions of the equipment we're using which could really cause some damage."

However, don't expect to find touchy-feely computer software in the shops before Christmas. "I don't think it'll be available to the public for years -- at least five years," Jordan said.

Definately make the bitchslap ladies and trout slappers more effective :eek:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
This will take cybersex to a whole new level. :brow:

But imagine the complications of using one of these over dialup. If the jerkiness in Quake 3 over dialup is any example of what can happen... :eek:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm just not sure I would be willing to put my organ in the hands of Microsoft. I mean really, what happens when it crashes?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I can't wait to hear the response from the technology-shunning religious psycho that always pipes up whenever there's a new scientific/technological discovery along these lines. I can just hear him now... "You are the Devil's henchmen! You people are trying to play God by making it possible to touch each other over the Internet. Can't you think for one minute about the sinning and evil that this is going to cause? Please, please, think of the children, and see the Light of Jeeeeeezus Christ!" :rolleyes:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You are the Devil's henchmen! You people are trying to play God by making it possible to touch each other over the Internet. Can't you think for one minute about the sinning and evil that this is going to cause? Please, please, think of the children, and see the Light of Jeeeeeezus Christ!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I want one... I wonder if it's like a hologram thingie where you stick your hand in a box and in the box on the other side, a hologram thingie of your hand appears... :retard:

Inkara1

This is an old idea...

www.fufme.com

edit--Damn it! The fufme.com site is now owned by a cybersquatter! I miss that site... :(