...Shame on HWC...

rangeral

BTW has anybody had spontaneous combustions while sitting in front of there computers? Don't worry you can tell the truth here.:D

G

I had a brand new KDS 17" XF-70 monitor blow out about three weeks ago while I was on the web. It was a replacement for the first one which I had a month that had quit turning on and off properly. I had this replacement for 1 day and had used it maybe 5-6 hours total.

I loved that monitor. It had beautiful graphics. I was really disappointed. :(

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Did it blow out, or blow up? That could cause some minor pain... ;)

I was in a golf cart once when a battery exploded. Sounded like a 12 ga. shot gun, and it lifted us off the seat an inch or so... made my ass sore. :D I'm lucky I didn't ruin my shorts. :)

ris

i have never spontaneusly combusted while at my computer, a couple of times on the couch, but never here. :D

G

There was a bright flash on the screen and then it began blinking on and off for a few seconds. I heard a loud noise, and the screen went blank. It might have started smoking if I had left it plugged in long enough.

G

I actually started thinking about crying for a minute. Instead, I just grabbed the box plus the receipt and began packing it up.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
lol, large dose of reality there. I have a friend that always amuses me by his completel lack of emotion. I was riding with him when he slid off the road in the rain, screwed up his front tire. He just said "suck," called his boss, said he'd be a little late for work, got out, and started walking to work... in the rain.

It took me a minute to realize that he didn't intend to do anything about the truck at the moment. He just left it there, and came back for it after work. I walked with him in the rain (was only another two or three miles). He never even mentioned the truck... just talked about the usual stuff. :)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
well, not completely sure. I think his life mantra is "life sucks, then you die." Everything bad that happens to him he seems to have expected it already. At least he's never dissapointed by anything. :D

ris

lol :D

best people to have around you, the utterly morose, they remind you that however bad you feel, you'll never sound as bad as them :D