She's wearing her angel wings..

fury

Administrator
Staff member
And she definitely earned them. My grandmother passed away April 26th. I went to be a pall bearer.

I'll miss her. I wish I could cry like a real human would when someone close to them died. Not me though, I am completely emotionless. :lloyd:

Oz

Creepy? I severly doubt the angel of death is swooping over the posters at otc :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about ya gran fury :(

Ms Ann Thrope

:sadhug:

and no need to get creeped out by this, everyone... we're all aging.... death is a part of life... one does not exist without the other

May your memories of your grandmother keep her alive for you, fury.

HomeLAN

Sorry to hear it, fury.

Watch out about those tears. They have a tendency to arrive at the damndest times...

catocom

fury said:
And she definitely earned them. My grandmother passed away April 26th. I went to be a pall bearer.

I'll miss her. I wish I could cry like a real human would when someone close to them died. Not me though, I am completely emotionless. :lloyd:

That's kinda how I felt when my great grandmother died.
I missed a lot of the things that only she did.
mostly food stuff. So I started doing that stuff, kinda in remembrance
of her, and so i could have some of the ol' time goodies likes....
making...
popcorn balls
fried apple pies
rice crispy treats,
but the one I still haven't being able to duplicate was
the way she made her chocolate chip cookies.
If /I go right by the recipe on the Nestle bag, they are good,
but not the same. :confused:
I'll keep trying little variations 'til I get it though.

Condolences for you lost fury.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:sadhug: and [manhug]:sadhug:[/manhug] to all... thanks.

cato: My grandma would replace regular milk in most recipes with evaporated milk (canned cream). I think she did that in her cookies. She'd replace water with regular milk too, where applicable.

greenfreak

:sadhug: I'm sorry sweetie. :( Don't think about not showing emotions too much. If you aren't concerned with them, they might just surprise you and show up.

I had the honor of being a pall bearer for my Nana years ago too. I looked at it as a special priviledge. One that not many women get to have often.

I lost the two grandparents I had long ago but Rusty's Grandmother is also very ill. She's had cancer for a while and took a turn for the worse a week and a half ago. We heard tonight when we got home that they're giving her about two weeks if she doesn't respond to the medicine they're giving her. So I guess there's your 3, SL. :(