Shock of your life

Jeslek

Banned
So yesterday the marks were released for last semester, and I was looking over what I got. To my shock I got a 58% in physics. I mean, that was my best course and I was hoping for a 95%. I went into the exam with a 96% average. :eek:

So I called them today to complain and the TA just said that "you got 12% on the final." 95% and 12%. I don't think so. I sure hope it is an error. That just so happened to be one of the easier finals (4 essay questions worth 10 marks each) and I don't see how I could have managed to get 5 out of 40. :eh:

Jeslek

Banned
No. I go with part of my middle name + last name, and the university has my full name. But I did write my student ID on it... :retard4:

Mirlyn

Thats pretty easy to do in most of my classes. Nearly all of them explicitly state on the syllabus that the final will be worth 1/3 or more of your entire grade. You could be passing with flying colors and fail the final and barely pass. :(

That sucks man, hope you get it sorted out!

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Probably an error. You can sometimes be surprised that you made a 70 or 80 when you thought you aced an exam, or perhaps a 60 if you had an odd feeling about it but still figured you did well.

If you make a 12, you know you did bad. I don't think there's any way to be that wrong about your own knowledge of a subject.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
geez man, i know the feeling, i bet you know it all but sometimes a small mistake can fuck up a test. I was in a similar situation long ago, the consisted of two problems, first one i got it right, the 2nd one i got it all wrong just because i typed 1.16 instead of 1.6 in my calculator.

Stop Laughing

Your calculator wasn't in the wrong angle mode or something stupid like that, was it? I've had a MC final where it said I got like only 4 right out of 50, but that fraud of a teacher was a real asshole and fought me about that too, I mean it wasn't my best subject but I don't ever remember getting less than 50% on any multiple choice test of any kind maybe once or twice at the most, even the standardized tests back in grade school where several kids would struggle to get even 25% of the questions right or the high school math questions we had in 6th grade that I got 21 out of 30 right over the course of the year while very few got 10. I'm sorry, but I can't forgive that fraud of a teacher for that, it had to be re-examined and he wouldn't budge. That's one place my tax money is now being squandered.

IDLEchild

Wait..let me get this staright- you expected a 95% but got 12%....huh sounds like someone either really messed up or your expectations were messed up...let's hope it's the former.

BTW Hello....i believe we have met before Jeslek:)

Professur

I did something like that once. But I'd spent the morning in the local pub, and could barely see the paper.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Luis G said:
geez man, i know the feeling, i bet you know it all but sometimes a small mistake can fuck up a test. I was in a similar situation long ago, the consisted of two problems, first one i got it right, the 2nd one i got it all wrong just because i typed 1.16 instead of 1.6 in my calculator.
did TAs or whoever corrected the exam consider your solution despite an arithmatic error? For an arithmatic error my TAs generally took a bit off and considered the work to the solution. :shrug:
i hope your get that shit straightened out quickly so it doesn't drag into the summer. last year i learned the day of a final that i had somehow missed a midterm exam, I received an incomplete and my prof went on a research trip all summer so i kinda got left hanging.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
well, since they were essay questions maybe you finally got nailed on all your american spelling....