"shut up", brother bear

kuulani

okay, i have yet to watch this movie in its entirety, but fricken' brother bear taught my 22-month old daughter the words "shut up."

yeah, thanks a lot disney. she even uses it in its correct context. so aside from "shut up", my "angel" now tells me "no, mommy" and "go away". i guess this is the beginning - shall i remind her now that i was in labor for 30 hours? :lloyd:

HomeLAN

Nope. It's just time to explain that there IS a double standard in what parents get away with and what kids get away with, and she'd best make her peace with that now.

A.B.Normal

Re:

HomeLAN said:
Nope. It's just time to explain that there IS a double standard in what parents get away with and what kids get away with, and she'd best make her peace with that now.

And don't forget the difference between what a cartoon character and a real person can and can't do. :swing:

Oz

Re:

A.B.Normal said:
And don't forget the difference between what a cartoon character and a real person can and can't do. :swing:

Yeah..when I was a microdude I got in real trouble for trying to drop an anvil from me bedroom window onto one of me friends :lloyd:

nalani

remember the days when she used to run to me, open arms? *sniff* ... now all i get is, "No, Ka-na-ni!" *sob*

Well, that's not true .. she did wait for me outside of the bathroom this morning saying, "Ka-NA-ni, what you DO-ing?" :D

tonksy

Re:

kuulani said:
okay, i have yet to watch this movie in its entirety, but fricken' brother bear taught my 22-month old daughter the words "shut up."

yeah, thanks a lot disney. she even uses it in its correct context. so aside from "shut up", my "angel" now tells me "no, mommy" and "go away". i guess this is the beginning - shall i remind her now that i was in labor for 30 hours? :lloyd:
so that's where it came from! :mad: malory has said it to me twice and both times have been after we got that movie! it's not something i say so i was flabberghasted when it came out of her little mouth. what part of the movie? seems i missed that part.

kuulani

Re:

tonksy said:
so that's where it came from! :mad: malory has said it to me twice and both times have been after we got that movie! it's not something i say so i was flabberghasted when it came out of her little mouth. what part of the movie? seems i missed that part.

i don't know - i better go watch the movie and see ... my husband and I were blaming the kids at her babysitter's for awhile, then my sister realized that she got it from the movie.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Re:

kuulani said:
. so aside from "shut up", my "angel" now tells me "no, mommy" and "go away". i guess this is the beginning - shall i remind her now that i was in labor for 30 hours? :lloyd:

Feel lucky. At 22 months my oldest knew how to say 'wake up' while shaking me...my youngest learned 'go away' while she was being potty trained...and never, ever tell your daughter how long you were in labor at such an early date...wait until she starts ovulating. :devious:

HomeLAN

Re:

Ted told his mother to "chill out" last night. Since she deserved it, I couldn't decide whether to come down on him or laugh.

kuulani

Re:

Gato_Solo said:
Feel lucky. At 22 months my oldest knew how to say 'wake up' while shaking me...my youngest learned 'go away' while she was being potty trained...and never, ever tell your daughter how long you were in labor at such an early date...wait until she starts ovulating. :devious:

yup, my daughter knows "wake up" while shaking us too :D

Inkara1

Re:

HomeLAN said:
Ted told his mother to "chill out" last night. Since she deserved it, I couldn't decide whether to come down on him or laugh.

So what did you end up doing?

kuulani

i finally sat down and watched this movie over the weekend ... omg! there's a whole little scene where all those rams do is yell "shut up" over and over again.

fricken' disney.

A.B.Normal

Re:

kuulani said:
i finally sat down and watched this movie over the weekend ... omg! there's a whole little scene where all those rams do is yell "shut up" over and over again.

fricken' disney.

Post #9 by me has a link to that scene. :winkkiss: