*sigh*

chcr

Too cute for words
OK, here's the big fat hairy deal...

I'm going to be gone for at least a few days. A few of you know some of this already, here's all the info up tho the minute. :D

Several weeks ago, I started experiencing tightness (not really strong enough to call "pain") in my chest, shoulders, neck and jaw. Especially if I was doing something mildly or more strenuous or got angry. Given the diabetes, hypertension, fat ass and high cholesterol, I figured I should mention it the next time I saw my doctor (type II diabetics get to see the doctor four times a year, YAY). In any case, he sent me for a stress test. It didn't give me much trouble, but they found a "lesion" on an artery near my heart in the x-ray. Because of it's location, they can't tell for certain whether it's a simple obstruction or something more serious without a closer look. So, tomorrow I get to be admitted to a hospital in Nashville (of course they don't do the procedure here at the hospital my wife works at) for a cardiac catheter. If they find a simple obstruction, they'll likely put in a stint (holds it open) and I'll be home this weekend. If it's something more serious well, then it gets ugly. If it's likely to be more than a few days I'll try to get Dara to let you guys know. In either case though, I think I'm going to blow off the BBQ. I was looking forward to meeting everyone too. Oh well, maybe next time (although I am not allowed under any circumstances to take my wife to Canada again).

tonksy

i'll be thinking of you and if it's any comfort, i'll say a pray for you.
best wishes, chic.

K62

I'm sorry to hear that Chcr. I very much hope that it isn't anything big.

Good luck and take care.

BTW, why can't you bring your wife back to Canada?

Dave

the stent procedure works very well the vast majority of the time. they do have to be redone occasionally if the artery re-occludes. this is a very common procedure these days.
is your lab work and EKG ok? if so, i'm guessing (since i dont have all the data in front of me) that the procedure will go well and you will be the proud owner of a shiny new stent.
good luck chic. look forward to hearing your hospital story. :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
Ain't modern medical science wunderful?

Spot it is called an angiogram, right?

I'm sure it is. I should have asked Dara how to spell "stent." She can't spell to save her life except for medical terms. Thanks guys.

chcr

Too cute for words
Spot said:
good luck chic. look forward to hearing your hospital story. :)

Y'know, in case I've never mentioned it, I HATE hospitals. Just hate 'em. Pretty bright marrying a nurse, huh? :lloyd:

Winky

So which will it be?
A widdle stent or a quintuple bypass?

Oh man, now yer gonna have to adopt a monkish lifestyle!

No more good food or fun for you!!!

(crap he's only three years older than me and I do ALL
the stuff that will cause atherosclerosis
and have ALL the precursors for myocardial infarction crap crap crap)

Steak for dinner?

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
So which will it be?
A widdle stent or a quintuple bypass?

Oh man, now yer gonna have to adopt a monkish lifestyle!

No more good food or fun for you!!!

(crap he's only three years older than me and I do ALL
the stuff that will cause atherosclerosis
and have ALL the precursors for myocardial infarction crap crap crap)

Steak for dinner?
Yeah, I've taken such incredibly good care of myself over the years (never more than sixteen beers or 1.5 16 inch pizzas at a sitting and like that) that I'm simply shocked that this has happened to me. :lloyd:

Although actually, steak is okay. It's the baked tater and sour cream or the french fries that kill ya.

chcr

Too cute for words
K62 said:
BTW, why can't you bring your wife back to Canada?
Actually, I misspoke. I took her to upstate NY in August one year. She wore a coat every evening (she grew up in AZ and NM). If I expect her to go that far north again I'm supposed to just go ahead and ask for the divorce. :lol2:

Winky

OK I was makin' mashed taters with brown gravy
but if ya gotta have Freedom Fries then so be it!

phx.JPG

Dave

trade ya some of that hot weather fer some of our cold stuff.

Yeah, I've taken such incredibly good care of myself over the years (never more than sixteen beers or 1.5 16 inch pizzas at a sitting and like that) that I'm simply shocked that this has happened to me.
guess i better go on a diet then :lloyd:

chcr

Too cute for words
Spot said:
trade ya some of that hot weather fer some of our cold stuff.

Heh, Wink, he thinks that's hot. Hell Spot, that's the cool of the evening in Phoenix.