silly proud mommy moment ..

nalani

So my daughter is on Kaua'i right now playing a preseason soccer tournament as a part of the Varsity Select team. She plays both JV and Varsity (and has since last year) and even though they lost their game last night, here's a picture of her in the Kaua'i newspaper (dorks couldn't even put in her name .. ugh .. ) .. anyway, she's making a sick save WOOOHOOO ... they won their game today against Kapa'a 5-1 and they play again tonight.

Oh yeah .. just fortherecord, the of the six points the other team scored, she was on goal for one of them.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
hehe very cool!

Soon we'll be seeing posts like this but they'll be about babys' first smile, head holding up, etc. *is so excited for the babies to get here so she can see pics*

nalani

hehe very cool!

Soon we'll be seeing posts like this but they'll be about babys' first smile, head holding up, etc. *is so excited for the babies to get here so she can see pics*

My next round of ultrasounds are this coming Tuesday .. so I'll probably post a pic or two from that. They're getting huge .. and so am I LOL .. except I'm not gaining any weight .. so I keep getting scolded by the doc .. GRRR .. it's not like I'm on a diet or anything or keeping myself from eating .. heelllloooo

Inkara1

I usually don't put in the names of players from the opposing team in the community newspaper that is pretty much only going to be read by fans of the hometown team. I believe that's what happened here, as well.

Did your daughter's coach put the roster on maxpreps?

nalani

In most of our local papers statewide they try to put in the names of all players pictured because the papers are available throughout the state. They just didn't get her name from the roster at the time the paper was going to press - she was the relief goalie, after the first four goals went by the starter goalie, they put her in ... they apologized to her coach (which was cool but not necessary) because they didn't want to make a mistake on who she was.

GrandCaravanSE

In most of our local papers statewide they try to put in the names of all players pictured because the papers are available throughout the state. They just didn't get her name from the roster at the time the paper was going to press - she was the relief goalie, after the first four goals went by the starter goalie, they put her in ... they apologized to her coach (which was cool but not necessary) because they didn't want to make a mistake on who she was.

well, tell us how the next game went.

nalani

well, tell us how the next game went.

They lost 1-0 but it was a tough-fought game. The main thing is that the girls had fun, learned a lot, and played fair. They are the reigning region and island champs so we'll see what the year has in store for them :)

BeardofPants

I played indoor soccer for the first time ever recently for work. We played pretty good once we got our "groove". 'Twas fun.

Judging by that score, na, it must've been tightly fought. Well done to the team.

GrandCaravanSE

They lost 1-0 but it was a tough-fought game. The main thing is that the girls had fun, learned a lot, and played fair. They are the reigning region and island champs so we'll see what the year has in store for them :)

hey thats all that matters, i think alot of coaches are in it just to win, that is how it was at my highschool.