slowness/database errors

fury

Administrator
Staff member
is because of me trying to optimize the server, or the server breaking, due to the popularity of a new online game I started... We've managed to pull together some donations there to buy a new heatsink for the spare processor that our host Andy has had laying in wait, and he is now ready to install it; just waiting on the permission/appointment to enter the datacenter and access the server. When that new processor is installed, things should run a little more smoothly, as we'll then have two dual-core processors instead of just one, and it should manage our 6 gigs of RAM more efficiently.

Currently, we're pushing a consistent load average of about 30, which for all those uninformed, means approximately "teh server is on FIAR!" - I've been working hard to optimize things within the current limitations as much as possible, so that we can scale better. If that second processor doesn't quite cut it, we already have a benefactor from the new game ready to put forth half the cost of a new pair of quad core Opterons.

In short, things should be back to normal soon, hopefully. We're working on it day and night. Thanks for your patience and patronage!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Another game? I thought that's what started all your woes in the first place. *handonhip

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, getting about $14-16 a day from them on the new game so far. (Google ads)

Server going down in about an hour for a processor upgrade

Hopefully will only take about an hour to get it back up after that.

Thanks for your patience :)