Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Are you vaccinated against smallpox? I know the government stopped vaccinations a few years ago, but are there some people here thats old enough to have been vaccinated?

I'm from South Africa... and yes, I'm vaccinated. Not sure how effective it will be though.

unclehobart

I'm pretty sure I have. I know that the baseline is measels, mumps, rubella. I cant recall if Ive gone beyond that or not.

Jeslek

Banned
The smallpox vaccination is really nasty. It makes you sick for two weeks and leaves a scar on your arm. At least when I had it. You cannot give it to a baby. MMR is given after birth, but smallpox you have to wait for a few years. Or months, I don't remember.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm vaccinated against damn near everything...twice. I also get so many boosters per year, that I sometimes feel like a pincushion.

greenfreak

I just missed the deadline--I was born in 72 and wasn't vaccinated. My boyfriend was, however, because he was born in Russia.

ris

pretty sure i wasn't. i got a scar on my arm but that's a tb jab from when i was 16

freako104

yes i am. theres no reason not to be and since my moms a nurse everyone in my fam is. my dad,my sis and me. im sure my brother in law is too. why wouldnt someone be unless external circumstances prevented it?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
DAMN ME AND MY NOT READING THE THREAD BEFORE VOTING!!!

I voted I don't know but if it's a vaccination that makes ya sick and leaves a scar I've never had it.

HomeLAN

freako104 said:
yes i am. theres no reason not to be and since my moms a nurse everyone in my fam is. my dad,my sis and me. im sure my brother in law is too. why wouldnt someone be unless external circumstances prevented it?

Because there is a small risk of the vaccine actually infecting you. :eek:

Jeslek

Banned
freako104 said:
OK I have a question. The US stopped vaccinating in 1972. You say you are about 23 years old... where did you get the vaccinations from? It is not available to the general population in North America. The CDC had 15 million doses a year ago, but I'm sure they've been working hard on getting it up to 100 million or whatnot.