smile as attachment

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Howcome is it that some of my smilies don't upload? This started day before yesterday, after Send it comes back saying upload failed. It is odd as I have used a couple in particular on this board previously. ?(

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Are all of them in a format following the permitted extensions? e.g., bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pnt? About the only thing that isn't in there is a tiff???

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think that's not it, I've used them on this board a few times already, suddenly stopped being able to. One in particular is I've used and can't anymore is rofl, just checked properties, it is a gif. ?( Is it a glitch maybe?

Q

Try renaming the gif in your computer, then uploading.

Like if it now says C:\my documents\rofl.gif ......change it to C:\my documents\roll.gif

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thanks, Q!

Attachment(s):

rolf.gif, 4.59kb

rolf.gif

Q

I have no freaking clue. For some reason the board just won't let you upload an attachment you have already uploaded once....but you can fake it out :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
OMG :eek: that's true? so every time someone cracks a joke poor rofl will get a new name? He'll be so confused! lol

Q

Hopefully fury will get the whole huge assortment of smilies fired up pretty soon and you can just click on the smilie you want instead if uploading from your own machine...we have over a hunderd at XI, I think.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thanks again, Q I felt pretty dumb not being able to do it, lol :headbang:

Well, fury? Any new smiles in sight? I can't bear to see rofl suffering like this :(

Q

Yeah, it's weird alright. But it's comforting to know we can outsmart the software :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Until I can manage to make a better attachment system, the only workaround for uploading a filename that you've uploaded before is to rename it to a different one.

In the mean time, I'm downloading some smilies from crackwhoremonkey and will upload and add them shortly. :headbang:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
rofl @ Q :D

Poor rofl is traumatized and sedated now. He will return shortly. Until then his initials must suffice. We apologize for any inconvenience.[/siz]

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Q, I think your smilie might need to see the Doc or something. ;)

Can't wait until we can use all the smilies without actually having to cut and paste the url! Man, that is a pain! (sarcastic) ;)