"So mom, I don't mean to sound gay or anything ... "

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Girls here get the earrings perforations done when they're still babies.

BeardofPants

Uki Chick said:
Leslie, 6 years old is a little young in my books. If he still wants one when he's 13 or something, then I'd go for it, but 6???
I got mine done at six. :shrug: Most of my friends at school already had them by the time I got mine done. I don't understand people piercing their babies ears though - that just seems needlessly cruel, AND they didn't get a choice in the matter.

ClaireBear

Banned
I'm still totally piercing free...

But I can vaguely (lota drink and substances during and since) remember my ex having his right one done when we first went out....

Wait... no...

No.. yes... it was my ex...

I think :shrug:

It was interesting! :p
Got rid of it though... so prone to infection even after months... didn't seem to really heal... same with the belly button piercings. According to a tatooist mate its the proximity to clothing that does it.

If he walks about bare chested... he'll be fine!

nalani

HomeLAN said:
You might remind him of just how much pain he's in for if it gets ripped out in a moment of passion. Talk about a mood-breaker.

Somehow, I don't think that would help. The boy broke up with his last two girlfriends because they wanted more than he was ready or willing to give sexually.

Leslie, I personally don't see anything wrong with letting your 6 year old pierce his ear. I mean, we (hasty generalization) pierce our daughter's ears when they are babies ... and it's not like it's a tatoo or anything. If he decides he doesn't want it, he can just stop wearing earrings. My sons had their ears pierced pretty early on. My oldest has both ears done and my 13 year old only has one lobe pierced. I'm trying to talk my oldest into piercing his eyebrow, if he must pierce something - rather than his nipples :D

BeardofPants

Really? I'd rather get the nipple done than the eyebrow. At least you can't SEE the nipple ring cos a lot of employers tend to get a bit iffy about eyebrow rings.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
That's where I'm at Na, it's mostly harmless, if it's ever an issue I'll just take the earring away and it'll grow back.

Do you think yours is brave enough to actually go through with it? Hubby told me it was the worst pain in his life.

nalani

My son is one of those guys that follows through when he makes up his mind. Come hell or high water ... one of these days, he will do it. He's got a super high tolerance level for pain- it's almost freakish. Once, when he was about 13, he got sick and had this really high fever that caused an actual blister to form on his ear drum. We didn't know anything about it until the doc looked in his ear .. she had to ask him 'ummm... does your ear hurt? at all?' He answered, 'it's a little itchy'. Freak. :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
lol my kids are like that too. Maybe we should've raised them up as chickenshits instead of tuffguys :D

kuulani

Leslie said:
Do you think yours is brave enough to actually go through with it? Hubby told me it was the worst pain in his life.

Ooh. Maybe we should make all potential fathers get nipple rings as retalliation for the pain of childbirth :D

Starya

"Not that I'm gay or anything.." Hm, I think I've heard that line a couple of times already.

Anyways, my kiddo has asked about getting an earring a few times since he was 8-9 years old. I've told him that when he is 12, he may have one. He will be 11 this month.

kuulani

Les, I don't think letting your 6-yo pierce his ears is a big deal. Like others said, if he doesn't want it later on, just take out the earring and let the hole close :shrug:

...but Nan, a nipple ring?!? What is the boy thinking? But it is his nipple, I guess.

Professur

kuulani said:
Ooh. Maybe we should make all potential fathers get nipple rings as retalliation for the pain of childbirth :D

Don't you think listening to all the mothers' whining and moaning is punishment enough? And the projectile vomitting accross the windscreen?

nalani

kuulani said:
...but Nan, a nipple ring?!? What is the boy thinking? But it is his nipple, I guess.
holyhell, it's been ages since anyone's called me 'Nan' :D

Yeah .. I don't know where that's coming from .. The Thugbaby has been asking to pierce her eyebrow since forever :D ... I kinda thought Brada would ask for a tatoo before he'd ask for another piercing ... but where would he put the nipple rings? I mean, his nipples are so .. small ... :D

kuulani

well ... at least he's not asking to pierce down there.

and if he does ... please don't tell me. :evilcool:

nalani

if that's ever an idea, you'll know it .. 'cause I'll be at Kekuhi's getting drunk .. :D

BlurOfSerenity

my mom made me wait til i was 10 to get my ears pierced.
she's making me wait til i move out to get my other piercings that i've wanted.
she said the same thing about haircolors not found in nature, but i just went ahead and dyed it all purple and she was ok with it.
but i'd be hesitant to get (or at least pay for) a piercing while at home, because she would probably make me take it out, and i'd have wasted that money.
(for the record, i have six holes in my ears and four of them were done by me, i have also play-pierced my nose, eyebrow a couple times, ears several more times, and i think also lip, so i have no qualms about stuff).
yeah.
and stuff

Professur

If you're gonna do your own nipples, pm me your address and I'll send along a webcam so we can all root for you.

PrincessLissa

You are lucky he told you. I came home one day and said "hey mom, guess what I did" and procceded to flash her to show off my new jewlery. :D But I hate my mom.