so much for thief's honor.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
the school i work at is (was?) taking a field trip tomorrow to valleyfair, the local equivilent of a six flags or disneyland. then today, someone goes and steals the envelope of cash from the room of the teacher coordinating it. now this is an envelope that wouldn't have been for any other purpose than going to valleyfair, so whoever took the loot has to know that they aren't stealing from the teacher, or the school, or any entity they may dislike. they're stealing from their classmates and friends. i'm guessing the money is gone, and it's not coming back, what we're going to do about it i don't know yet. I'm pretty pissed, I was excited to be going tomorrow. But our kids are even more pissed, and I sure wouldn't want to be the student to show up tomorrow with a new outfit and sneakers. Someone is going to run their mouth sooner or later.

so much for stealing from the rich, this person must not have a brain in their head if they're stealing from our students.

Uki Chick

tommyj27 said:
the school i work at is (was?) taking a field trip tomorrow to valleyfair, the local equivilent of a six flags or disneyland. then today, someone goes and steals the envelope of cash from the room of the teacher coordinating it. now this is an envelope that wouldn't have been for any other purpose than going to valleyfair, so whoever took the loot has to know that they aren't stealing from the teacher, or the school, or any entity they may dislike. they're stealing from their classmates and friends. i'm guessing the money is gone, and it's not coming back, what we're going to do about it i don't know yet. I'm pretty pissed, I was excited to be going tomorrow. But our kids are even more pissed, and I sure wouldn't want to be the student to show up tomorrow with a new outfit and sneakers. Someone is going to run their mouth sooner or later.

so much for stealing from the rich, this person must not have a brain in their head if they're stealing from our students.

That is just sad. How desperate do you have to be to do something like that. Whoever did it is punishing him/herself as well because they're losing out on the trip. I wouldn't want to be that kid when it does slip out though.

HomeLAN

And it will, at that age. The first the staff will know about it is when the culprit mysteriously gets his ass kicked 4 times in one day, and nobody knows who did it.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
HomeLAN said:
And it will, at that age. The first the staff will know about it is when the culprit mysteriously gets his ass kicked 4 times in one day, and nobody knows who did it.
that's pretty much how it'll go, they'll handle it for us.

Professur

Uki Chick said:
That is just sad. How desperate do you have to be to do something like that. Whoever did it is punishing him/herself as well because they're losing out on the trip. I wouldn't want to be that kid when it does slip out though.

It's not desperate, it's greed.

Liliandra

Professur said:
It's not desperate, it's greed.

Exactly... and on top of it they waited until the last moment to be sure to get as much as possible out of it too.... Just sick

Winky

Re: so much for honor thieves.

What do you do at this school?
(I is prudy sure it ain't teachin' Engrish)
The title line is driving me nuts!

It is: honor among thieves, for Christ’s sake!

From that one would presuppose the school is filled with criminals?

I really hate it when the intraocular pressure
drops because all the aqueous humor leaked out.

Winky

As for promoting the concept that the students without proper substantiation will enact their own brand of vigilante justice through assault on their fellow students.

hell yeah, schools need more of that

Winky

Is it not the fault of the person charged with the security of the funds for being a total dumbass?

Lets’ have them pony up the dough!

tommyj27

Not really Banned
I is prudy sure it ain't teachin' Engrish
no i don't, and usually me inglish iz better than dat. for whatever odd reason, i had a lot of trouble with that title. I am a technology person here, so I sit in a lab and help kids divide 81 by 9.

As far as the criminal element, yes. We're an alternative, so we get a lot of kids who wash out of the mainstream schools. Gangs, drugs, and violence are in full force around here, as much as we try to keep it out. Which isn't to say we're a prison with a pretty facade, we have a lot of excellent students that are here for a variety of reasons, some just prefer our school to the huge mainstream schools.

Winky said:
Is it not the fault of the person charged with the security of the funds for being a total dumbass?
there may be some blame that can be placed there, but if you leave your car doors unlocked and wake up in the morning to find an empty space where your car was parked, who is more at fault? you or the person who got into it, hotwired it, and took a joyride into a lamppost? just because something is insecure doesn't make it free to anyone who can take it, if it does, i'm gonna be at your place tomorrow night, borrowing your lawn ornaments.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
update, the security guys put on their detective hats and they think they know whodunnit. in lieu of the missing benjamins, the school is covering the amount, and while that may sate the vindictive mob, there's no point punishing them for the acts of an individual.

Winky

Wow, them kinda scrhools are sad huh?

You see so many kids’ that have all the potential in the world but know that they will either lead mediocre lives or end up in a bad way?

So Tommy, would you say that the main reasons these kids find themselves in this situation is mostly due to the parents?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
IMHO, upbringing and their environment seem to have a great deal to do with it, when in Rome... We have quite a few diagnosed EBD kids (emotional behavioral disorder) and not being a psychologist I don't presume to know what their demons are.