So somehow Leslie decided to ban me from posting

Cerise

And after it was put back...who were the worst offenders?

To answer that question it is important to recognize the fact that 1)there was only one individual who garnered an unprecedented number of red edits in their posts between 2 threads over a 2 day period (4 times more than anyone else who also had to be reminded they were overlooking the rules) since TRW was reinstated and

2)self-restraint is a virtue of necessity.

Who started the bullshit again?

I know who finished it. :shrug:

Altron

meh, just let the lil' guy out. he may have been the worst offender, but all the ribbing from cerise and the others who are like maybe 75% as bad of rule-breakers as him is unjustified imo. removing trw didn't work. cleaning it up will only work through strict moderation of both sides, rather than just banning whoever is the worst at the moment

Gotholic

In my humble opinion, here is my solution...

Bring back the AUP. Perhaps refine it if need be. Enforce the rules much stricter in the RW forum and have special rules for it. Give everyone a fresh start for the RW forum. Violators after three warnings are banned from the RW forum, not the board, for three months. If it is warranted that the same person needs to be banned again later when he returns, then it is for six months. The third offense would be banned for a year from the RW forum.

By doing this, the offenders that are ruining the RW forum are cut out from the forum, not the board, and are still allowed to post around the board thus it would [not] hurt the board as a whole to ban a member from the forum.

The RW forum is the beef of the board. Most other forums just contain idle talk. If it is ever going to be gone for good it will hurt the board.

Cerise

meh, just let the lil' guy out. he may have been the worst offender, but all the ribbing from cerise and the others who are like maybe 75% as bad of rule-breakers as him is unjustified imo.

I'm sure somewhere there are examples of this during the period subsequent to the time when TRW was reopened and the AUP reposted. That day was the "game-changer" the "pivotal point" and that is what all suceeding references to behavior should point to. IMO, of course.

removing trw didn't work. cleaning it up will only work through strict moderation of both sides, rather than just banning whoever is the worst at the moment

Of course removing TRW and then reinstating it with conditions worked. It winnowed out the instigator.

That would be the one that had 8 red notations of "comments removed" when the most anyone else had during that period was 2.

Meaning some realized that there was a line in the sand. Isn't it all about respect to authority?

So please post evidence of said "ribbing" and perhaps a theory on why the OP felt so inclined to ignore the admonitory cautions from the admin and proceeded down the the quickest and most direct route to install himself in KK.

spike

We all know that Leslie is not on the forum often enough to have any idea what's going on. We all also know that I do not start shit but other people do and I respond when there's a lack of moderation.

Let's just go through a couple threads and see who started the crap and go from there.

ResearchMonkey

We all know that Leslie is not on the forum often enough to have any idea what's going on.

We all also know that I do not start shit but other people do and I respond when there's a lack of moderation.

I'm confused here. Are you saying it's my fault or Gonz fault?

Clearly as you say, we all know it isn't your own fault.

2minkey

bootlicker
it isn't exclusively his own fault. and he does have a point in that he tends to descend into pissing when prompted by another urine stream. he actually does try to argue a certain viewpoint before that happens.

BeardofPants

Oh my good uncle gravy. NOBODY is blameless. Y'all descend merrily into the urine stream, now shuddap & get me mah beer! :grumpy:

spike

To answer that question it is important to recognize the fact that 1)there was only one individual who garnered an unprecedented number of red edits in their posts between 2 threads over a 2 day period (4 times more than anyone else who also had to be reminded they were overlooking the rules) since TRW was reinstated and

Are you examining who started shit since TRW was reinstated or in the 2 day period that Leslie decided to moderate? In that two day period where there were edits were there edits above mine or not?

There was no "reminding", there was a flurry of edits and her singling me out for banning when we all know I don't start the shit.

I realize you don't want to acknowledge who started it.

spike

It's not his fault --somebody else made him do it?? He couldn't control his own self??

I responded in a similar way that I was addressed. Sure I shouldn't do that if we could count on anyone to moderate the conservative offenders but we all know that is rarely going to happen.

Just look at how much shit was ignored by RM in my OP. If I had started saying those things how far down that list do you think I could get before Gonz did something? Not far at all.