So what do they want?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Families: 9/11 Panel Failing at Mission
NEW YORK - Long frustrated by the sudden and unexplained deaths of their loved ones at the World Trade Center in 2001, victims' families are now furious at the Sept. 11 commission for what they say is a failure to thoroughly investigate the disaster.
"Today was a joke," widow Beverly Eckert said Wednesday after the commission's questioning of former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=6&aid=519022629_5302_lead_story

Here is what i dont get. What kind of answers do they want from ANY elceted officials? Like any of them can say "well this is the reason terrorist hijacked planes and flew into the buildings and killed over 3000 people. Like Rudolph Giuliani, Bush or anyone of us has an answer for this. I realize that want some type of closure for their losses, but i think they are barking up the wrong trees. I dont believe there is anyone who could answer questions that would suffice and give them any peace. It was an act of terrorism, they were casualities. And these ones that are sueing for money and loss of life, well i do feel for them but they dont deserve money. It wasnt the fault of the building owners or the govt that they were killed. Sue bin laden, and the rest of the terrorist.
I just find it degrading to our own citizens that a few exploit others for monetary gain.

On a side note 1 person put it into perspective as to what the commission was orginated for:
Lee Ielpi, a retired firefighter whose son died in the attack, said he understood the outbursts, but he thought Giuliani was "solid and stayed to the point." "We have to keep a clear mind that the job at hand of the commission is to make suggestions so that the events of 9/11 will not happen again," Ielpi said. "I can't change the past."

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I agree with you there, sammy...they're never going to find what they're looking for this way.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
They never wanted to find anything. They wanted some TV time to forward their own agendas and to get re-elected. After watching that on-going fiasco, I wouldn't vote for anybody on that panel.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It's hard for me to say what I would do if I had a wife or child in one of those buildings. I'd want answers, but I think I'd realize after a while that there aren't really any good ones.

Professur

samcurry said:
I just find it degrading to our own citizens that a few exploit others for monetary gain.

I've said it several times. For most of the world, you just defined "American". I know that there are better people out there. But be honest with yourself. How many people do you know who wouldn't take money over personal honour?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I wouldn't. In fact, most people I know IRL wouldn't. Taken as a percentage of the whole, you'll find that the people 'who can be bought' are an extremely small minority. It's just that they get all the exposure because they're the ones making/involved in the news.

Professur

No no. Not bought. But who wouldn't stand with their hand out for something like, say, disaster relief, even if they didn't need it. I know that during the Ice Storm here, the cities and province were handing out emergency supplies and fuel oil. Kerosene and the like. And I know many people who lined up who damn well didn't need. One case which really got my back up wa a guy (who I know heats with natural gas and therefore had no problem ) who came home with a free cord of firewood, for a fireplace he hadn't used in 10 years.
I'm talking the people who can't see someone else get anything without being jealous.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Prof, your correct. There are a lot of people like that. BUT not only in america. Its all over the world, and its a shame. And people wonder why taxes and the like are so damn high. We are paying for all this one way or the other.

Professur

But, sam, it's like tissue paper. Everyone calls it a Kleenex now. Sure it's world wide and growing. But it's seen as coming from america. That it breeds there, and spreads from there. And that, without America, it would go away. That's nonsense, of course. But we're not talking about sophisticated people. We're talking simple folk. The same sort who still believe in fairies, witches, and devils. And priests.