So, what's with this?

jimpeel

Love those Libs. Thirty thousand firearms deaths per year are unacceptable; but forty thousand vehicle deaths per year are acceptable.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, i'm sure "libs" are joyously accepting of vehicle deaths. perhaps you should also suggest that they adore deaths by influenza as well. you must have been very tired when you posted.

killings by men in easter bunny costumes are perfectly acceptable. guns are for gomers. cars kill. not people.

jimpeel

The mantra is "Vehicles benefit us all in so many ways but firearms are for only one purpose."

Vehicles are an acceptable loss which is necessary to the benefit of all. The greater good and all that rot.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah i'm familiar with that rationalization but you putting words and numbers into their mouths is kinda silly.

guns don't kill. my penis does.

Winky

245f494.jpg

catocom

I have absolutely no problem with re-writing recent fictional stories.
Especially by the original author.
It's the re-writing on nonfictional history in any form that going on that ills me.
Stopping propaganda is a constant struggle.
Let's not make it harder by misdirecting eh?

catocom

Sometimes winks you make it hard to see when you are just being cynical,
and when you actually believe what you are typing.

2minkey

bootlicker
"The scene was modified for the 1997 re-release to feature Han using his weapon in retaliation after Greedo fires at him; the latter missing Han at point-blank range (less than two meters away)"

holy shit that is sooooooo weak.

2minkey

bootlicker
I have absolutely no problem with re-writing recent fictional stories.
Especially by the original author.
It's the re-writing on nonfictional history in any form that going on that ills me.
Stopping propaganda is a constant struggle.
Let's not make it harder by misdirecting eh?

if you think any polito-historical story about what happened is anything other that an after-the-fact construction by others that reflects their values...

the shit's always made up. e.g. reagan made dozens of factual mistakes in speeches but it doesn't matter because he was communicating values.

oh, right, folks don't like it when things don't reflect their values, or call them into question. what they recognize as truth is simply the propaganda that aligns with their assumptions. and of course the purveyors of their truth don't have an agenda other than to do what is right.

catocom

if you think any polito-historical story about what happened is anything other that an after-the-fact construction by others that reflects their values...

the shit's always made up. e.g. reagan made dozens of factual mistakes in speeches but it doesn't matter because he was communicating values.

oh, right, folks don't like it when things don't reflect their values, or call them into question. what they recognize as truth is simply the propaganda that aligns with their assumptions. and of course the purveyors of their truth don't have an agenda other than to do what is right.

sadly I agree that's the truth in most cases.
I've even heard people at a funeral play up some assholes that meant nothing.
People mean as hell, but you wouldn't know it listening to their eulogies.

Nobody is perfect save Jesus, but IMO the important parts of the contributions need to be truthful in history.
Forget all the touchy-feely stuff for the most part, unless your getting into religion maybe.

2minkey

bootlicker
1. sadly I agree that's the truth in most cases.
+
2. IMO the important parts of the contributions need to be truthful in history.

it's the truth in ALL cases. history serves to feed the assertions of today.

jesus was re-cast in several ways from the multiple historical figures that he is a composite of. he's perfect because he is a construct. just like all myths.

Winky

yeah we can just make shit up as we go along
like having a 16 trillion dollar debt bah that's just history, the past
we can keep on doing what ever we want

If it feels good do it!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
When is the last time you actually voted FOR a candidate? Less nauseating is a correct, again.

Winky

I voted in every election starting in 1980
the last time and I mean it's the last time I'll even bother
was for McCain/Palin
It's all a sham and I refuse to lend it any credence (clear water)

2minkey

bootlicker
wow. your social order has been fully overwhelmed and defeated by fanny-packers (as liberal pussies... or "RINOs"). not a very proud admission in a darwinian sense.