SOMEONE SAY SUMPTHIN!!

T W

Prob with my mail, I gotta sort thru the 59002 junk mails I get everyday.
Hotmail? More like Hotspam :mad2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You get thousands of emails in your inbox every day too, T W?

I stopped caring about my hotmail account after I started getting 3 or 4 thousand and thus my account shut off just about every hour.

ris

i'm lucky and get no spam at hotmail, but then i hardly use it and only for instnat messenger access if anything.

T W

Well, I made a discussion forum for a chat community, and made the mistake of using my standard hotmail account as the admin email.
I think someone took offence and fired my email out to all the mailing lists, cos now I get lotsa sweet young things in my inbox.
I keep on setting junkmail, and they keep on coming :rolleyes:

Live and learn

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I've been using the same hotmail account for over three years. I get one or two spam mails a day... not that bad at all.

Not sure how I avoided it, must just have a very uncommon name. :headbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The junkmail settings were on high ever since I started getting 2 or 3 thousand a day.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I can't imagine a thousand or more spam mails per day. I'd just delete the account, open a new one, and redo my address list and tell all my friends of the change. :(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine it this way...

I go to open my account in my web browser so I can go delete all the mails (it's easier to delete them at the web site than it is to delete them using the Hotmail support in outlook express). There are a few thousand mails, so it's gonna take like 5 or 6 minutes to delete them all. By the time I'm done deleting them all, I have 50 or 60 new emails in my inbox. That's when I stopped using the account. I do more deleting than actually reading the mail in it. Everyone who used to email me at that address now knows my newer email addies, so it's all good.