Sometimes it pays to be a good customer...

Aunty Em

I have most of the Serif graphics software and the sales guy phoned me up yesterday trying to get me to upgrade to Page Plus 7 (usual price £79.99)... but I was a bit iffy so... in the end I got this...

Products Ordered:
1 x Bun-Registered User Value Bundle 4 : £99.95
1 x Bun-includes DrawPlus 7 CD, Design CD and Manual - in original bundle http://www.serif.com/drawplus/drawplus7/index.asp
1 x Bun-includes Ink Saver - extends ink cartridge life up to 70% - in original bundle
Plus:
1 x -includes PagePlus 8 PDF CD, Res CD and Manual - extra http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus8pdf/index.asp
1 x Icd-includes ArcSoft ShowBiz (usual price £39.99) video editing - extra
1 x Icd-FREE 100,000 Clipart & Web Graphics (usual price £19.99) - extra

-------------------------------------------------------

Goods Total : £99.95
Shipping Total : £0.00
Order Total : £99.95

He also extended the 30 day money back guarentee to 45 days and I can now send back the CDs I don't like for a 33% refund each and the free showbiz and clipart are mine to keep anyway, plus he waived the s & h.

A total of 7 CDs plus manuals and all legit. Do I drive a hard bargain or what? :D

So what's your latest bargain in software or hardware.

Professur

Um, you actually buy software??? I think you may find yourself alone in this thread, my dear.

Closest I've come recently was finding a full copy of a linux dist, with the manuals for $10 as a discount shop.

Mirlyn

I bought Trillian....and SimCity 4....before that.....Diablo 2 back in 2000, I think...

Aunty Em

Professur said:
Um, you actually buy software??? I think you may find yourself alone in this thread, my dear.

Closest I've come recently was finding a full copy of a linux dist, with the manuals for $10 as a discount shop.
You paid for Linux? :eek: Anyway it's a UK company and it needs the help... plus I can't get it unless I pay for it...

Now what else have I paid for..... Um.... not a lot... I got my Visual Studio 6.0 on a student licence... does that count? :evilgrin:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
No. I paid for the hardcopy manuals in the box. The disks were just along for the ride.

That si clever and cute at the same time. hehe disks along for the ride :D

Mirlyn

Aunty Em said:
I got my Visual Studio 6.0 on a student licence... does that count? :evilgrin:

Try Visual Studio .NET Professional for free on a full license for being a student. :evilgrin:

Aunty Em

Um... so how did you manage to swing that one? I can't find it on student licence over here anymore...

Mirlyn

It's because our campus is a glorified microsoft whore. We do anything and everything for them, including requiring IE5.5 or above to visit the admin/student side of the web services (No, netscape/mozilla/opera will not work at all). MS basically gave us (the campus) a "free for educational use" license, but in reality, its a non-restricted full license. As business students, we are entitled to Visual Studio .NET, Visio .NET, MS-SQL Server (can't remember if its .NET yet or just 2002), and much more of the Professional suite line. If you want it, you check out a CD for seven days (the cd you get is a burned copy) and you install it on your system(s). No written license, no key, no questions asked. Copies are encouraged, as there are only seven copies of each title available for checkout for us MIS students.

Bottom line, MS is getting people dependent on their software before they even graduate college.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It's smart business really, what MS is doing. Can you guys imagine how big Microsoft would be today if they had gotten the school contracts back in the 80's instead of Apple?

Aunty Em

THAT'S too horrific to even think about!
errrr.gif
:(