Stanford

kuulani

I'm off to Stanford tomorrow!! My work is sending me and a coworker over to give a presentation on the curriculum that we're developing. We'll be there until November 1, which kinda sucks 'cause I'm missing Halloween with my kids :thumbdn:

But I'm still excited to be going to someplace new :D

Inkara1

Fun fact: Stanford used to be the Indians. But they changed it to "the Cardinal," as in the school color, instead of cardinals as in birds. The mascot is a tree.

kuulani

So when I buy cheesy souvenirs for everyone back home, it will be t-shirts with cardinal trees on it? :D

2minkey

bootlicker
i was born @ stanford hospital...

(hear that, gonz? put that in yer "pattern" pipe and smoke it...)

Inkara1

There was a girls basketball player at the main high school I cover for my sports reporter job who graduated last year and got a basketball scholarship to play for the Cardinal. It's the kind of scholarship you'd have to be dumb to turn down, with Stanford's academic reputation and the fact the women's basketball team is in contention for the national title every year. She's never gotten less than an A in any class her entire life. In any case, I saw the scholarship paperwork... EGADS! I would have to work for two years tax-free to barely afford one year of tuition there.

unclehobart

ITS A TWOFER!

*swipe at newengladers* ITS WICKED BAD!

It was also a dig at their educational levels.

How many Stanford professors does it take to change a light bulb?

Eleven. One to change the light bulb and ten to co-author the paper.
This girl walks into the doctor's office to get her breasts checked and the doctor sees a big 'S' on her body. "What is that from?" the doctor queries.

"My lover goes to Stanford and even when he is making love he wears his Stanford sweatshirt."

Soon after, another girl walks in to get her breasts checked and the doctor notices a big 'Y' on her body. "What's that from?" he asked. "My lover goes to Yale and he loves it so much that he wears his sweatshirt even when we make love."

Another girl walks in and a big 'M' is on her chest. "Let me guess, your lover goes to Michigan," the doctor said.

The third girl replied, "No, but my girlfriend goes to Wisconsin."
9 out of 10 California Girls are Hot…

The 10th goes to Stanford.

kuulani

I'm here!! Actually I'm not even at Stanford yet, we're being tourist at Monterey first. Tomorrow is a day at the aquarium :D

unclehobart

No kidding. :) You live in a world dominated by aquatic life. What posesses you to go to an aquarium? Wouldn't a zoo be better?

Inkara1

The penguin exhibit there is SO CUTE!!!!!!11 :D

Thankfully, you're going on a weekday... on weekends the place is slammed with little kids and it makes it hard to enjoy anything. On a weekday, there might be a few classes there on a field trip, maybe, so there will be more room to roam and actually get near the exhibits.

The ocean sunfish there sure is ugly. :D

kuulani

Don't you get enough fish at home?

*lol*

Actually, we got to go after visitor hours ... we had the whole thing to ourselves (well, not the WHOLE aquarium - just the building with the jellies and sharks) ... we had a dinner reception there :D

It was free and we're being shuttled around, so I can't complain about where I'm taken to :shrug: