Steve... guess what...

unclehobart

Inaccessible boot device on the main rig out of the clear blue. Having to use Tonksys machine.

Aigh!

What is that 4 hard drives in 22 months?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
unclehobart said:
Inaccessible boot device on the main rig out of the clear blue. Having to use Tonksys machine.

Aigh!

What is that 4 hard drives in 22 months?

Could it be a misconfigured BIOS? (it happens out of the blue too)

unclehobart

I'm waiting for Homey to surface for his advice. I have a track record for destroying computer components just by looking at them. Anything I would do would only make things worse.

HomeLAN

Luis G said:
Could it be a misconfigured BIOS? (it happens out of the blue too)

Sorry, Luis. Hit the wrong button, that's why it says I edited you.

This would be unlikely, as the mobo is far less than a year old, but I'll certainly investigate that before we buy a new HD.

HomeLAN

4 HD's in, like, 3 years. I swear to God, you have your own personal fucking magnetic field. Some of those were even SCSI....

unclehobart

They say it's your birthday
well my harddrive is screwed, yeah
We're gonna have to gut it
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you

Ah
Ah
Ah
Come on
Come on

Yes we're going to a party party

I would like you to repair (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
yet another hard drive (Birthday)
Dance yeah

Oh
Come on

I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
be sure to touch the case first (Birthday)
Oh dance! Dance

and my computers through, yeah
We're gonna have a few beers
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'll be down this week. Let me bring some of my broken stuff. It's cheaper than buying stufff & then breaking it.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Damn man. I've got one 30 gig that's going on 5 years old and a 40 that's going on 4. There has got to be something to the magnetic field thing around you.

chcr

Too cute for words
PT said:
Damn man. I've got one 30 gig that's going on 5 years old and a 40 that's going on 4. There has got to be something to the magnetic field thing around you.
Don't say that, now you've jinxed yourself.

I've got a couple of 6.5 gig Seagates from the old pentium days myself and a 580MB drive from a 486 in a box here somewhere that works too.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My brother is still running a 6gb drive from like...YEARS ago...we can't seem to find something small to replace it with...he doesn't wanna spend mega bucks on a drive since in a year or so he's planning to buy a new computer...

HomeLAN

Nixy said:
My brother is still running a 6gb drive from like...YEARS ago...we can't seem to find something small to replace it with...he doesn't wanna spend mega bucks on a drive since in a year or so he's planning to buy a new computer...

I could probably break free a 8 GB if it's needed.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
I could probably break free a 8 GB if it's needed.

*pictures Homey snatching a HD that is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit and running for it*

I didn't know HDs went to jail :lloyd: