Such a Responsible Mother!!! NOT!!!!

She might have fixed it so he cant see her though in most cases the father is not a man but a loser who cannot face responsibility.

CB.....

Perhaps she didn't plan on getting pregnant??? After she did, she decided to keep the child. You don't know the situation there.

You don't know the father's position and what could have happened. If he didn't know that she was leaving the baby with a babysitter or who the babysitter is, how can he contact her? And maybe there was no contact with the family. You don't know the situation so you can't put blame on the father. He's not the one who left the child to die at home.

What wrong with a regular babysitter? I did it from the age of 11, and I never killed a child or anything. You obviously don't trust anybody. That's how teenagers make some extra money...BABYSITTING! The babysitters house isn't the one that smelled of urine, it was the mother's and it was a matter of changing a litter box.

Once again though, this has nothing to do with the babysitter. She's hired to take care of the child. If you read properly, DaSilva lied about hiring a 16 year old babysitter.

Did you ever consider that some people are unsure of what to do or who to contact in such a situation? Maybe they tried telling someone, but they wouldn't listen? We don't know the full story. What we do know is that the woman left this baby alone and it died. It's the MOTHER'S fault, nobody elses.

ClaireBear said:
BTW I salsa and I have to say it is pretty addictive... but really... I think DaSilva needs help...

Oh, so that was a joke.

article said:
While her mom danced and socialized, Adrianna was suffering from the withering heat in a non-air conditioned apartment which reeked of vomit and cat urine.

Just an aside, here, and not in any way an attempt to reduce the horror of this story. The vomit was obviously from the heat stroked child. It's unlikely that it was there for any length of time. As for the place stinking of cat piss, I've never known anyone with a cat who's house didn't reek. It's like a smoker. A smoker doesn't know that he stinks. Cat owners don't notice the general smell. Especially if there's more than one cat, or someone who goes back and forth from somewhere with other scents. My wife's shoes, boots, and jackets are regularly sprayed by her mother's near dozen cats because she smells of my dog. The inclusion of these two tidbits is a media trick to outrage the reader, and have little or no bearing on the behavior of the mother in general.

IMHO the entire article was badly written.

Professur said:
The vomit was obviously from the heat stroked child. It's unlikely that it was there for any length of time. As for the place stinking of cat piss, I've never known anyone with a cat who's house didn't reek. It's like a smoker. A smoker doesn't know that he stinks. Cat owners don't notice the general smell. Especially if there's more than one cat, or someone who goes back and forth from somewhere with other scents. My wife's shoes, boots, and jackets are regularly sprayed by her mother's near dozen cats because she smells of my dog. The inclusion of these two tidbits is a media trick to outrage the reader, and have little or no bearing on the behavior of the mother in general.

IMHO the entire article was badly written.

I have to agree there. The acticle could have been written better. The whole cat piss and vomit thing, normal as well.

Seems some people are ready to put blame on everyone else when the whole point of the story was related to the irresponsibility of the mother. It was her responsibility to take care of her child. If she didn't want the father involved in the relationship and such, then that's her perogative. It still doesn't excuse her actions.

ClaireBear said:
I wonder if at 22... she had considered the OPTIONS fully...

The day she spread her legs & took sperm was the day she gave up her right to be an airhead.

Gato_Solo said:
Unfortunately, that won't bring the child back. She won't do it again, but what man, in his right mind, would mate with her after this, anyway?

The ones that don't know & the ones that don't care.

SHE PARTIED AS DAUGHTER LEFT TO DIE IN HEAT

Toronto Sun, By SAM PAZZANO, COURTS BUREAU, Wed, September 29, 2004

SINGLE MOM Clara DaSilva admitted yesterday she danced the night away while her 2-year-daughter was dying of dehydration in a sweltering apartment. Tiny toddler Adrianna Maria DaSilva was abandoned for at least 33 hours in a 35C room before her mom discovered her dead on Sept. 9, 2002.

Clara DaSilva, 24, pleaded guilty to manslaughter. Justice David Watt will sentence her shortly after Jan. 17 following a five-day trial with one contested fact -- the allegation that her purse, with keys and cash, was stolen at a club the day of her child's death.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/articles/Toronto_Sun_Mother_Partied_Left_baby_to_die_29SEP04.htm

Thats the most recent I could come up with.

Toronto Star

Jan 10, 2004 01:00 am
Mother to stand trial in death of girl

Michelle Shephard

A judge had ruled that Clara Dasilva must stand trial for the death of her 2-year old daughter, who died of dehydration after police said she was left alone for hours in an apartment.

Dasilca sat expressionless in the courtroom yesterday as the judge committed her case to trial for manslaughter and criminal negligence causing death, following a preliminary hearing.

A publication ban prevents the reporting of the reasons for the judge's ruling. Dasilca said she did not want to comment as she left the Finch Ave. W. Ontario Court of Justice Courthouse with her father.

Police said little Adrianna was left alone in Dasilva's apartment, near Victoria Park Ave. and Eglinton Ave. E for up to 12 hours. When Dasilca, 22 at the time, returned to the Biggin Court apartment Sept. 9 2002, she found her daughter dead, police said.

Antonio Dasilca, who has posted bail for his daughter to live with him until the trial, said at his granddaughter's funeral that Adrianna was his "best friend."

"She would take my hand and go around. She's gone. I did what I could," he said in her eulogy.

Daslica had lived alone in the apartment, having broken up with her boyfriend Mark Yetman about a year earlier.

Yetman has said he continued to see Adrianna two or three times a week.

When police first arrested Dasilva she was charged with criminal negligence causing death, but a later charge of manslaughter was added.

At the time, police wouldn't comment on the additional charce, except to say that it was laid following a "continuing investigation."

Publication ban. We're not likely to hear much more.

Source
Still can't find the sentence. It's gotta be here somewhere.

Prof ,your link is old ,Jan/04 .

Found this dated Jan/05 :

In frustration I have been searching the news and related articles to find a resolution for this case, which was to of ended January 17. I did however email the sun and they emailed me back, this is the information I recieved: The DiSalva case has been adjourned to March 14, the judge Justice David Watt is working on another murder trial (Johnathon) and will not be available until March as well as the lawyers and jury. So there you have it, her vacation continues....

Not only was it old, it was a .pdf. I had to retype all that crap. Lousy phrasing and all. Thanks AB.

Sentencing next month in child's dehydration death
Last Updated Mar 16 2005 12:03 PM EST
CBC News

TORONTO – A woman whose two-year-old daughter died from dehydration as she lay abandoned in her crib will be sentenced next month.

Last fall, Clara Dasilva pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the September 2002 death of her daughter, Adrianna.

The court heard that Dasilva, 25, left the toddler unattended for 33 hours during hot weather.

The child was left alone after her mother failed to return home after a night of dancing.

The Crown is seeking a prison sentence of eight to 12 years.

Dasilva's lawyer suggested a conditional sentence of two years less a day, followed by three years of probation.

Justice David Watt reserved his sentencing decision until April 11.

What? He needs more time?

It's common for courts to do this. At least here it is. Judges use the time to research law, to compare sentences recently handed down in similar cases elsewhere, any number of things.

She confessed over 6 months ago. WFT. He couldn't have done he research before coming back to session?

Back