Sunburnt

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WHY do I never learn?? I was outside all day yesterday and it was fairly cloudy for most of the day so I was like "Cool, I won't get burnt" and even though I had SPF30 in my bag I didn't put any on until AFTER I started to feel the burn. UGH, I should know better, my shoulders ALWAYS burn...if I'm not wearing sleeves I should ALWAYS wear sunscreen. But nooooo I just had to forego the sunscreen to try to even out my farmer's tan and now I'm paying for it. The killer is I had a bra and tank top on that crossed at the back, so now I have to wear the crossed bra all the time until the burn heals because the straps from a regular bra would sit right on the worst part of the burn...UGH! You'd think I'd know better!

Sharky

Take a hot shower. Hot as you can stand it. It'll keep ya from peeling.

Aloe gel helps take the sting out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I've been using aloe gel...I had a shower last night and really couldn't stand it very hot, couldn't even let the water hit my shoulders directly...had to let it run off my head because of the pressure.

unclehobart

Cold compress, double your water intake for a week, hit it with aresol Solarcaine to numb it out. I remember using Noxema cream as a kid... but I haven't seen it on the shelves in years. If it really was a super burn you may have to go to the clinic to get some steroids and some topical lydocaine.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's not bad enough to warrant a doctor's visit Unc. I'm not suffering in any sense other than my shoulders hurt...my brother had a burn a few weeks ago that literally made him sick.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dehydration is a definite sign of heatstroke. It's also a major cause.

catman

I laid out at the beach once,(a long time ago) and fell asleep while lying on my stomach. Burnt the bottoms of my feet so bad that I couldnt walk for 4 days. Give me the most stupid award.