Superbowl's Coming! ...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
That "Office Linebacker" has been stolen by the US Navy for their OPSEC commercials on AFRTS...

MrBishop

*revokes Bish's man card*

Only women and children watch the Super Bowl for the commercials.

MAN LAW!

I actually can't see it live from home...i have to either go to someone else's house and watch it (in this case, a friend* is throwing a party)..or ask someone to tape it and watch it after it's all over. :p

The commercials..I don't mind watching after the fact.

*Note: this friend is a butch lesbian that I know...biggest damn fan of sports you've ever met.

MrBishop

Is there some sort of reason for that? Or is it by decree of the woman?

We don't watch TV...no cable, no satellite...rabbit ears only...and mostly for the news. We use the TV to watch movies, mostly.

The Superbowl isn't catchable via rabbit-ears locally...certainly not the American channels. :(

As for the woman...she's not BIG into football, but she'll come to the Superbowl parties with me and cheer right along.

Hockey on the other hand... don't step in front of the TV. Could be dangerous for your health :)

A.B.Normal

*wonders if he should tell Bish that we don't get the US commercials up here ,they swap them for the Canadian ad $$$.

I usually wait until after game and catch them online,hell,Youtube will probably have them up pretty quick after the fact.

MrBishop

My friend has a satellite...with...er...extras ;)
She gets the Real American channels...with the non-cheesy commercials to boot :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I always get depressed this time of year cause I can't see the american commercials...and this year my net isn't even good enough to DL them...maybe I'll DL them at my mom's...

BB

I actually can't see it live from home...i have to either go to someone else's house and watch it (in this case, a friend* is throwing a party)..or ask someone to tape it and watch it after it's all over. :p

The commercials..I don't mind watching after the fact.

*Note: this friend is a butch lesbian that I know...biggest damn fan of sports you've ever met.

BIG girl huh?

so, who's playing and when?

the ads good or somet? (or cheesily legendarily bad???)

(the rams are thru to the 5th round of the CUP over here - as i am sure y'all were just dying to know :bgpimp: )

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The ADs are usually fantastic, they're the most expensive advertising slots available usually.

and "butch" doesn't necessarily equal "big" I used to work with someone who was very butch but not very big at all...she was actually kinda small.

BB

Kind of a high speed, high impact version of a popular culture art form contest?

mmm - you say they can be downloaded?

Might be worth a butchers. :kiss:

EDIT** ..er.. yeah but 'biggest' usually implies BIG ...

(Butchers is english for 'look' btw, just to avoid any confusion here)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Kind of a high speed, high impact version of a popular culture art form contest?

mmm - you say they can be downloaded?

Might be worth a butchers. :kiss:

EDIT** ..er.. yeah but 'biggest' usually implies BIG ...

(Butchers is english for 'look' btw, just to avoid any confusion here)

They can indeed be downloaded and they are worth the look

And by "biggest" I think he meant the "butchiest of the butch"

BB

Thanks, i'll look out for them.

(by which i mean i'll probably forget, be reminded sometime later, probably for some completely obscure reason and then ask someone for a link ;) )

actually, i rather thought he meant she is just really into sports? :D

How's the flat and move gone then? feeling at home now? Takes a bit of time, normally ...