Syria pushing WMD treaty in mid east?

ol' man

How about a treaty with Israel first that they won't send bombs and suicide attackers into their territory anymore also? Why don't they concentrate on that? Does the UN even give a shit about the peace process in Israel anymore?

Syria proposes Mideast free of WMD

Syrian Ambassador to the United Nations Mikhail Wehbe speaks to reporters after a U.N. Security Council meeting Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Syria introduced a resolution Wednesday in the U.N. Security Council that would declare the Middle East a region free of weapons of mass destruction.

"We believe such a draft resolution ... is a very important factor for the peace process," said Syria's U.N. ambassador, Mikhail Wehbe.

The resolution, backed by the 22-nation Arab Group, calls for a region free of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Arab diplomats said the resolution was aimed at Israel, a U.S. ally that has refused to confirm or deny the widespread belief it has nuclear weapons.

"We mean all nations without any exception, which means Israel of course," said the Arab League's U.N. representative, Yahya Mahmassani.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/16/sprj.irq.un.syria/index.html

HEY ARAB LEAGUE. FORGET WMD'S. HOW ABOUT THE BITCH WHO LOOKS PREGNANT ONLY TO BLOW UP A BUNCH OF SCHOOL KIDS?

ol' man

Israel won't like the idea of not having their wmd.

Do you blame them? Every country in that region wants to attack them pretty much? I don't think it has to do with WMD in Israel. I think if they did not have them most of the Israeli population would be dead along time ago.

It is really funny that the countries that have attacked, attempted to attack, and still do attack with suicide bombers etc etc...is calling for them to disarm? Look at the size of Israel and the Arab League? The AL must be at least 95% bigger than Israel.

I guess if you have the notion that Israel should not exist then indeed you have a point that they should disarm. And since they are disarming they might as well pack up their bags and move back to regions were they were never welcome after their exile from Israel along time ago cause as soon as they disarm WHAMMMMMMM they will get attacked you know it.

Ardsgaine

My position is that free, democratic countries have the right to arm themselves to the teeth to defend against attack by dictatorships. It's not just about Israel. I also believe that Turkey and India have the right to arm themselves, as well. It's the same principle as allowing law abiding citizens to own guns, but not convicted felons.

Jeslek

Banned
Luis G said:
[tongue in cheek] Israel does not have WMD. They said they so. Therefore, it must be true. [/tongue in cheek]

Ardsgaine

Jeslek said:
[tongue in cheek] Israel does not have WMD. They said they so. Therefore, it must be true. [/tongue in cheek]

:lol:

I'm sure that if the left thought we could trust Saddam, then they will agree that we can trust Ariel Sharon. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Jeslek said:
Luis G said:

:rolleyes:

[wannabe]i've never lived in the USA, but my parents are americans, therefore i'm american, but when i feel like it i'm canadian[/wannabe] :nuts2:

Jeslek

Banned
Has it occurred to you that maybe I'm not interested in answering it for personal reasons? I have not asked you for a detailed list of where you lived, for how long, and why, to make a judgment call on whether you can be considered American or not. Anyways, I've also never answered the question in which city I was born. Does that mean I was never born? :retard4:

ol' man

Don't worry squiggy doesn't answer alot of questions either like what part of the service he was in or how much action in Vietnam he saw. He likes to bring it up all time just how much of a soldier he is so I would assume he must be the Jesse Ventura navy seal type:D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
1386731_F_TN.jpg

Professur

Jeez, and here was me thinking I might have been missing some intelligent conversation in here. What was I thinking

* leaves