teachers are overpaid?

Ms Ann Thrope

Gonz said:
Excuuuuuse meeeee. Without us, you'd have to drive to the factories or the coast to get your shit. Without us leaving our families for days or weeks at a time you'd have no car to drive to teh factories or the coast to get your shit. Without our ability to drive over 100,000,000 miles without accidents, you'd have no gas to put in the car that a truck driver brought to a place near you to go to astore to get EVERYTHING you use.

And without teachers we wouldn't know what to do with any of those goods.

EVERY profession is of value, though, and there are no "bad" jobs.... The world we live in needs teachers, truck drivers, doctors, burger flippers, artists, carpenters, gardeners, plumbers, etc.

What's a damn shame is that we can't live in a world where everyone gives to the best of their abilities, and receives according to their needs. :disgust:

of course, I'm not sure we need lawyers.... or politicians...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What's a damn shame is that we can't live in a world where everyone gives to the best of their abilities, and receives according to their needs.

Communist. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Gonz said:
Excuuuuuse meeeee. Without us, you'd have to drive to the factories or the coast to get your shit. Without us leaving our families for days or weeks at a time you'd have no car to drive to teh factories or the coast to get your shit. Without our ability to drive over 100,000,000 miles without accidents, you'd have no gas to put in the car that a truck driver brought to a place near you to go to astore to get EVERYTHING you use.

What about trains, Gonz? :grinyes:

MrBishop

Gonz said:
Late, slow & lost. Unreliable, especially for food products. :p

Sorry Gonz...I truly believe that we need all the truck drivers that we have, but I can't equate the task that they do (load, drive, unload) as worth a higher salary than the task that teachers do.

I did my share of blue collar work, loading trains by hand and with forklifts, and I don't think that I deserved the money that I was making. I was glad to have it and wasn't about to refuse it, but when I'd finished my degree and started working in the white-collar world, I couldn't understand why I was making less.

Hell, I work several jobs now and earn less than the garbage collectors and snow-removal truck drivers.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Supply & demand. Nobody wants to be a refuse removal engineer & very few are able to stand the rigors of OTR trucking. We demand more & make more.

MrBishop

Try teaching biology or chemistry to a group of 30 12 year olds, in a cramped classroom for years on end.

Frankly, I'd rather sling garbage.

Refuse removal engineer? -damn Gonz...you going PC on us?