Terrorists are pu**ies

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the confused one said:
you know full well we didnt talk about liberating them until the other shit didnt pan out

You are impossible. The speeches were made BEFORE the war started. The speeches include humanitarian reasons-as you deny. Thus, he spoke of liberation before the war, not as you put it, "until the other shit didnt pan out".

freako104

he could have made them. that doesnt mean he did. do you really think that people would have been so vehemently opposed had he used it? or if he hadnt lied? Afghanistan didnt face this much turmoil

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Freako, he did make the speeches. What the press decided to focus on, and then what Bush decided to focus on was the WMD's. Yes, I'm not really happy that we didn't find anything either, but then again we surely gave him plenty of time to bury/hide/ship anything out that he could before we came in. You can liken it to a surprise inspection of your room by your mother, only she tells you she's going to do it a day ahead of time and then leaves the house.

freako104

if he did dont you think some media would have played it? as far as the inspections go I thought we did them as a suprise. we didnt say when or whatever

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
freako104 said:
if he did dont you think some media would have played it? as far as the inspections go I thought we did them as a suprise. we didnt say when or whatever

Here are the dates he made those speeches. One of them was heard WORLDWIDE, live as he spoke to the UN. All the media played it in America. These are not some hidden away never given speeches. They were live before the press & much of the USA.

Surprise inspections? Hardly. saddam knew where the UN had been, where it was & where it was going. Time enough to transfer goods between sites if need be. If time wasn't sufficient he was know to stall. The UN ins[ectors let him get away with it too.

freako104

whats the source? sorry but if you just type the dates and cut/paste speeches well I dont buy it.

The inspections were supposed to be suprises werent they?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The White House is the source. Every speech given is there. Just because you don't listen is no reason to suggest a cover up.

No they were not supposed to be surprise inspections. That could be considered a violation of sovereignty. Kinda like CPS calling a errant parent to give them time to clean up :rolleyes:

freako104

no reason to suggest it but I dont really trust it. too easy.

now I dont give a shit whether or not it would violate anything. if he had them he should have been inspected. suprise would have worked better.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
freako104 said:
now I dont give a shit whether or not it would violate anything. if he had them he should have been inspected. suprise would have worked better.
Yep, agree with you there, but it would have been seen as an act of aggression too. Almost guarantee it. Like I said earlier, all the reasons were given ahead of time, the press decided which ones they would focus on, and to a certain extent the Pres then played the cards the press dealt him. If they're focused on WMD's, then he does too. You have to tell them what they want to hear or they don't listen.

freako104

how would it have been an act of aggression? It is not like bombing or invading them. It is seeing if he is obeying what was set forth as law.