Terrorists are pu**ies

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
:mad:

Sep 1, 9:12 AM (ET) By Jonathan Thatcher

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A heavily armed gang seized at least 120 hostages at a Russian school near Chechnya on Wednesday and threatened to kill 50 children for every one of their group who was killed, a senior local official said.

The attack bore the signs of a Chechen rebel operation. The gang of up to 17 men and women stormed into the secondary school in Beslan in North Ossetia province during a ceremony to mark the first day of the new school year.

"They have said that for every fighter wiped out they will kill 50 children and for every fighter wounded -- 20," regional Interior Minister Kazbek Dzantiyev told reporters in Beslan.

The gang, some strapped with explosives and reported to have mined the school grounds, later set free 15 of the children, Itar-Tass news agency said.

There was confusion over the exact number of hostages with initial reports putting it at 400. Interfax news agency later quoted local police as saying it was between 120 and 150.

The attackers rebuffed a local Muslim leader's attempts to talk and have demanded a meeting with top regional officials to discuss demands for the release of fighters seized in neighboring Ingushetia in June during a big rebel raid there.

MrBishop

So...no one mentioned it, so I will

The policy is "Don't negotiate with terrorists". The Russians proved it a while back in one of their theaters by accidentally killing over 120 people (most of them the kidnappees) with nerve gas.

Not negotiating didn't stop the bombings of those planes, nor did it stop this highajcking of this school.

So...you have 400 hostages. About 200 of them are very young kids, the majority of the others are the parents of these young kids. There are already about 12 dead. The terrorists are armed and are wearing what appears to be belts with bombs. They've threathened to blow up the building with everyone in it if X number of Chechen rebels aren't released from jails.

So...
do you negotiate considering that these are kids on the line?
do you rush the complex and hope that not too many kids die?

Personally...I'd release the prisoners and follow them. Once the kids are free...kill off the terrorists and airmail them back to Chechnia (all tied together and a quick exit from 40,000ft above the Chechnian capital...no parachutes.)...hmm...maybe leave them alive before they get airmailed. Follow the prisoners for a while...when they go home to roost. Take the war directly to them.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Even doing that gives the wrong message, you can't negotiate. I say storm the building.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Granted, be a terrible loss, but if you justify their actions in the least you're looking at copycats all over the world in a matter of hours. You can not negotiate.

MrBishop

Professur said:
The only real way to stop terrorists is to show them that terrorism isn't working.

If there's one thing that terrorists havn't figured out yet, is that terrorism doesn't work...ever. There never is a happy reunuin with family and friends after an ettempt, countries recover from the temporary fear of their actions, terrorism doesn't win wars etc...

It's doomed to fail time and again...but each time someone has a more foolproof plan. Cowards and idiots!!

HomeLAN

You cannot negotiate, but blowing the place up is as reprehensible as what these assholes are doing.

Go through the deal of cutting off the power and water, and trying to seige it out, but be ready to storm the place, and don't hesistate when the time comes.

Culturally, the Russians tend to be far more indulgent and reverent towards their children than most Western nations. If I were a Chechnyan, I'd consider battoning down the hatches. I suspect there's going to be one hell of a reprisal if this goes down badly.

MrBishop

The thing is...you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

If you don't negotiate and show your resolve despite the losses associated with it...it'll still happen again and again..because terrorists don't learn from the past.

If you do negotiate, you mark yourself as a pussy and a target to revisitations.

So...?

Professur

MrBishop said:
If there's one thing that terrorists havn't figured out yet, is that terrorism doesn't work...ever.

On the contrary. Several nations pulled their troops out of Iraq when their nationals were threatened. It has to absolutely never, ever work.

There never is a happy reunuin with family and friends after an ettempt, countries recover from the temporary fear of their actions, terrorism doesn't win wars etc...

It's doomed to fail time and again...but each time someone has a more foolproof plan. Cowards and idiots!!

Wrong, Bish. You're not thinking like a muslim fanatic. He'll get to see everyone again in heaven. And he'll go to heaven because he died defending the faith. That's what his priest told him. He's not in the least bit concerned with his own mortality. That's a corrupt western failing. He's doing this for the good of all muslims.

sound familiar? It should. It's the same crap sold to peasants for the crusades.

catocom

Well the US is supposed to be held to a higher std, but that is Russia, so
I say the gov. goes to there home/schools, and hijack their kids for a trade-off.

MrBishop

Professur said:
On the contrary. Several nations pulled their troops out of Iraq when their nationals were threatened. It has to absolutely never, ever work..

Even in Iraq...the point of the terrorism there is to get Iraq back to where it was. It ain't going to work...and getting some small country from removing it's dozen troops from the war...is a pittance.

Professur said:
Wrong, Bish. You're not thinking like a muslim fanatic. He'll get to see everyone again in heaven. And he'll go to heaven because he died defending the faith. That's what his priest told him. He's not in the least bit concerned with his own mortality. That's a corrupt western failing. He's doing this for the good of all muslims.

sound familiar? It should. It's the same crap sold to peasants for the crusades.

Not even sure if these guys are Muslim...they might or might not be. :shrug: in either case...those prisoners ain't going anywhere.

MrBishop

catocom said:
Well the US is supposed to be held to a higher std, but that is Russia, so
I say the gov. goes to there home/schools, and hijack their kids for a trade-off.

Here's the kicker...and I'm glad that you brought it up, Cat.

Russia isn't exactly playing nice in Chechnia...in fact, they're really stepping on a lot of toes..and killing a lot of people. Their actions are being overlooked because they have a powerhouse member of the Security Council (UN) on their side. Plus...it's been kept out of the presses.

Professur

regardless, Bish, the terrorists think that they're going to heaven. That's the bit we really need to stop.