Texas Board of Education Removes Jefferson From History Standard

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by spike, Mar 13, 2010.

1. spike New Member

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010/03/texas_boe_removes_jefferson_fr.php
  2. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

If that's true, it's stupid. I do have to question the source though. Hardly science related
  3. spike New Member

4. spike New Member

5. MrBishop Fuckin' Idealist on Holiday. CYA Well-Known Member

6. valkyrie exile Well-Known Member

I live in Texas and I can tell you that there has been a move by certain interest groups to eliminate free thought and insert Right Wing Christian beliefs (such as Bible classes and a push to force teachers to teach the myth of creation, as it is told in the Christian bible, in science classes).

Fahrenheit 451 was about the government's complete control over the citizens and their thoughts by forbidding the citizens from reading books through the censorship (banning) of books (and burning them).
  7. Gotholic Well-Known Member

8. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

That guy is an idiot.

Washington never did the "cut down the cherry tree" thing.
    That's just a story.

If he want to 'teach', he needs to teach truth, not stories.
  9. Gotholic Well-Known Member

I am not aware of Christians beheading people simply because they were not Christian.
  10. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

yeah, he was off so far, it just sounded like he made junk up, right off the top of his head.
  11. valkyrie exile Well-Known Member

You need to read more on the Spanish Inquisition (and other Inquisitions, including the export of the Inquisition to the New World).
  12. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

I think he meant in the last generation or 3.
  13. ResearchMonkey Bigoted homophobic white supremacist trailer trash Well-Known Member

Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.
    "John Adams, 2nd President of The United States
  14. spike New Member

Yeah, historically Christians have been violent and evil. They've slightly cleaned up their act.
  15. Altron LIKE A BOSS!!!!! Well-Known Member

Wow, really? Because that's not what I got out of it at all. I must have mis-read all those lines about freedom of religion and separation of church and state and the rest of the liberal agenda

Seriously, though, Franklin, Jefferson, and Washington had the best quotes. Who cares about Adams? His cousin brews a good beer, and that's about it.
  16. Winky Banned Well-Known Member

I didn't get that

That's because your federally provided indoctrination (schooling)
    is pervaded by the liberal agenda.
  17. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

well now that partly depends on ones perception of what "violent and evil" means.
  18. ResearchMonkey Bigoted homophobic white supremacist trailer trash Well-Known Member

Historically. You should see what heathen have done , historically.

And currently Islam is blowing shit up and you lurve them for it.
  19. spike New Member

I've see what Christians and non-Christians have done.

Heathen....:laugh:
  20. Gotholic Well-Known Member

On the contrary, Val, you need to read more on the Spanish Inquisition.

"There are not over 100 people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church." Archbishop Sheen