The Birds & Bees

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A good way to help make sure she uses protection may be to get her to experience parenthood for a day. Maybe you should put her in charge of caring for your baby for a full day. Make it so even if you're around she still has to care for the baby (day and night, 24hours) so she will what the consequences may be if she is careless...

kuulani

That's a good idea ... but she's a phreak who loves changing diapers and feeding her niece and loves it when I ask her to babysit so me & my hunny can go out.

Damn ... I knew I should've had her in the delivery room. That would've been a good birth control!! :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah, seeing birth woudl be good aswell.

Do you guys get the "Labour and Delivery" shows and stuff like that? "Maturnity Ward"? They show the baby being born, it's prolly the next best thing to being in the room!

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!
You gave her the talk, and I'm pretty sure she knows what options of birthcontrol there are these days.
It keeps surprising me how early those kids now!

kuulani

Nixy said:
Yeah, seeing birth woudl be good aswell.

Do you guys get the "Labour and Delivery" shows and stuff like that? "Maturnity Ward"? They show the baby being born, it's prolly the next best thing to being in the room!

We get "A Baby's Story" on TLC :D

nalani

well, I don't think they're having sex yet .. but they are a little too comfortable with each other in front of everyone .. I swear, seeing them "hold each other" creeps me the hell out *shudders*

:D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Ku'u: A baby story doesn't actually SHOW the birth though and it shows them all happy afterwards. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the show but that ones makes me want to have a baby whereas the others scare me away from it...

Psycho

My parent gave me most tech. info when I was 11 or 12, and they're pretty open. Gonna have 'the talk' again soon I think, they made some comments the last couple of weeks whenever I went to my would-be-but-didn't-turn-out-to-be-girlfriend (sorry, don't know any better name ;))... I think that if I really wanted to, it would have been too late anyways, and they know that...

...and those kids are early indeed, two of my friends were 15 and 17 when they first did it (not with each other btw ;), and although that sounds like a long time ago, it was about 2 months ago). Damn, at the age of 15 I wasn't even ready for it... although not having a g/f helped a lot... don't regret it though...