The Bullsh*t Thread

unclehobart

Re: The Bullshit Thread

Anoyone know the best way to strip rust off of an iron gate? I hear that naval jelly works nice. Anyone know anything better?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member

or get a rusting agent at a craft store and pretend you meant to do that. :D

tonksy

*sigh.....he never listens to me....rustoleum makes a black spray...you sand of the loose stuff and spray away.

chcr

Too cute for words
Depend by Permatex. Converts the rust to a hard black substance like a primer. You can sand is, it holds paint well, a lot of body shops use it for surface rust...

Oz

Grab a passing kid, give him $10, a wire brush and get him to do the bugger :D

Easiest way I know ;)

Sharky

chcr said:
Depend by Permatex. Converts the rust to a hard black substance like a primer. You can sand is, it holds paint well, a lot of body shops use it for surface rust...

That's the stuff! There is another brand, the name of which is behind a mental block in my little brain - I use it on the boat, it's a green liquid in a gallon jug. It's basically diluted muriatic acid.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
Diluted? Why not concentrated?
Eats the metal. You can get the Depend stuff in brush on or spray. I've seen the stuff Sharky's referring to, but I can't remember the name either. :retard:

Raven

Annoying SOB

ash r said:
ringringringringringringring,

BANANAPHONE!!
It aint no baloney!

Its not a pony!

ringringringringringringring,

BANANAPHONE!!

tonksy

bob...cool sig. i think i'd rather be gay than stupid too...not that i'm either...i just think stupid would suck...and i'm not just talking about ignorance on some accounts...aren't we all? but true, stone cold stupid...that would suck. and being gay isn't debilitating.

Raven

Annoying SOB
tonksy said:
bob...cool sig. i think i'd rather be gay than stupid too...not that i'm either...i just think stupid would suck...and i'm not just talking about ignorance on some accounts...aren't we all? but true, stone cold stupid...that would suck. and being gay isn't debilitating.
She has totally embodied the name of this thread in that post ^^

*takes away Tonksy's shovel*