The End of an Era, Pt. 2

JJR512

A few have already noticed, and word may have spread, but just in case anyone who cares missed it...:

Two-ish years ago, some of you commented on "the end of an era", the era of the existence of JJR512.com. The era since then, the era without JJR512.com, is itself now over. Yes, that's right: JJR512.com is online once again.

Not, however, in its original state. It is just an archive, all forums are closed for new posts (for now). Some of the extra features may be a bit wonky, but as far as I can tell, the core functions of the message board work. You can see the forums, go into them, read threads and posts. Search should work.

If anything is wrong, if something doesn't work or you need help, let me know by public or private message here, private message at JJR512.com (yeah, that's actually still on), shoot me an email, or...find another way ;) to get me the message.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I can't get at my password. :(

I managed to get the reset link mailed but when I click it it's a 404.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thank god I was gone to bed before this was posted!

Now I must refraim from reading til I get home from school...or it shall make me late...

JJR512

Leslie said:
I can't get at my password. :(

I managed to get the reset link mailed but when I click it it's a 404.
Sorry about that; I think I know why. Can you make sure the link you use has "bbs" in it after jjr512.com?

Like: http://www.jjr512.co/bbs/...

The link you got probably doesn't have the bbs part in it. So just go to the link and then manually insert the bbs part into it in the address bar of the browser.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
pagerror.gif
The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

im using the link you put in your post.

JJR512

samcurry said:
pagerror.gif
The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

im using the link you put in your post.
Were you having this trouble the whole time, because I saw NEO reading one of the threads, according to the Who's Online, which is why I'm asking if it's constant, intermittent, or resolved?

JJR512

Yeah...don't worry about it for now. The news feed was probably changed. I'm not going to update any of those old hacks/add-on-features I wrote. There have been some new and better ones written in the last two years, which I'll be adding to a new version of vBulletin to front-end the archive. I'm working on that project on the side. For now, the main idea was to get the archive up and running and accessible, and I wasn't worried about the other little features (news, weather, etc.) working.