The new normal in Washington

jimpeel

Remember when we had Bush's "jobless recovery"? Now the unacceptable is acceptable; but only because of who occupies the White House and whether they have a D or an R after their name.

Those who ignore history, even recent history, are doomed to become part of it.

SOURCE

Obama’s ‘New Normal’ Is Unacceptable

As Unemployment Rises, White House Waves White Flag On Creating Jobs While Pushing Job-Killing, European-Style Agenda

IT’S UNACCEPTABLE FOR WHITE HOUSE TO ALLOW HIGH JOBLESS RATE TO BE ‘NEW NORMAL’

Today, BLS Reported That Unemployment Rose To 9.9 Percent In The Month Of April, Up From 9.7 Percent. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov , Accessed 5/7/10)

Obama’s National Economic Council Director Larry Summers “Predicts Perpetually High Unemployment.” “White House adviser Larry Summers on Friday predicted that past employment rates will not return after the recession passes. ‘The best way to put it is this: Forty years ago, one in 20 men [ages] 25 to 54, in America, was not working at a given point in time,’ he said. ‘Today, the number is not one in 20. It’s one in five. And a good guess, based on extrapolations of trends in this area, is that when the economy recovers, five years from now, assuming we return to normal cyclical conditions, one in six men who are 25 to 54 will not be working at any point in time.’” (Jay Heflin, “Summers Predicts Perpetually High Unemployment,” The Hill, 4/30/10)

Obama’s Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner Says Unemployment Will “Stay Unacceptably High For A Long Period Of Time.” (NBC’s “Today Show,” 4/1/10)

Obama’s Council Of Economic Advisers Chair Christina Romer Says Current Economic Growth “Not Enough To Get A Lot Of Job Growth.” “We still have some trouble with debt and credit availability. All of that makes it harder for us to grow … most of the forecasts are that we’ll grow about 3% real GDP … That’s not enough to get a lot of job growth.” (NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 4/4/10)

And Obama’s Economic Recovery Board Chair Says That “Unemployment Will Be Too High For Far Too Long.” “Now a special adviser to President Barack Obama, Volcker added that Americans also need to be prepared for a ‘long slog’ before the economy begins to re-engage. ‘Unemployment will be too high for far too long,’ he said.” (Jo Mannies, “Volcker Predicts Economic Recovery Will Be ‘Long Slog,’” The St. Louis Beacon, 5/4/10)

AND IT’S UNACCEPTABLE FOR OBAMA, BIDEN TO PUSH JOB-KILLING POLICIES THAT MAKE AMERICA LOOK MORE LIKE EUROPE

Vice President Biden In Spain Today As Part Of His European Tour This Week. “On Friday, Biden is … heading to Spain, which currently holds the EU presidency, and will go directly into talks with King Juan Carlos.” (“Biden Heads To Europe Warning Of ‘Pernicious’ New Threats,” AFP, 5/5/10)

* A Country Where Their Energy Plan Destroyed 2.2 Jobs For Every So-Called “Green Job” Created. “Subsidizing renewable energy in the U.S. may destroy two jobs for every one created if Spain’s experience with windmills and solar farms is any guide. For every new position that depends on energy price supports, at least 2.2 jobs in other industries will disappear, according to a study from King Juan Carlos University in Madrid …The premiums paid for solar, biomass, wave and wind power - - which are charged to consumers in their bills -- translated into a $774,000 cost for each Spanish ‘green job’ created since 2000, said Gabriel Calzada, an economics professor at the university and author of the report.” (Gianluca Baratti, “Job Losses From Obama Green Stimulus Foreseen in Spanish Study,” Bloomberg, 3/27/09)

* That Has Led To 20 Percent Unemployment. “Unemployment in Spain has reached 20 percent, meaning 4.6 million people are out of work, the Spanish government announced Friday. The figure, from the first quarter, is up from 19 percent and 4.3 million people in the previous quarter.” (“Spain Unemployment Tops 20 Percent,” CNN, 4/30/10)​

Now Obama Following In Spain’s Footsteps, Pushing So-Called Cap-And-Trade Energy Plan That Could Mean Nearly 1 Million Jobs Lost Per Year. “Overall, a cap-and-trade system that reduces annual GDP by 0.34 percent per year can be expected to reduce U.S. employment by roughly 964,900 jobs per year, reduce household earnings by $37.8 billion, and reduce total U.S. economic output by $136.1 billion.” (Andrew Chamberlain, “Who Pays For Climate Policy?,” Tax Foundation, 3/09)

* Obama Pointed To Spain As Model For Embracing “Green Economy.” “Will America watch as the clean energy jobs and industry of the future flourish in countries like Spain, Japan or Germany? Think about what’s happening in countries like Spain, Germany and Japan, where they’re making real investments in renewable energy. Spain generates almost 30 percent of its power by harnessing the wind, while we manage less than one percent.” (Fox News’ “Special Report,” 4/14/09)​

Cerise

is

valkyrie

That's RW, and I was invited to post some things that I would usually post in RW here.

I do realize that it is highly unusual to see me anywhere but RW.
For the record, I didn't invite you to post these kinds of threads here. We're trying to have a troll free environment in the KK to avoid the bull shit in TRW forum.

catocom

jobs?
meh, there's jobs, if people Really want them.
When illegal immigration is being somewhat dealt with, and with all the other
factors, the numbers on joblessness Claims isn't that bad.

I very much dislike agreeing, but if this is the new norm, so be it.

valkyrie

:rofl2:

That failed with thread one.
It has failed because there are not enough neutral, active admins to monitor OTC. Trolling should be stopped in it's tracks. We're never going to get people interested in coming back (or staying) if we allow the trolling to continue.

catocom

oh, people are here
they just don't post much ;)

just because they're paraniod, doesn't mean others aren't watching.:evil2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It has failed because there are not enough neutral, active admins to monitor OTC. Trolling should be stopped in it's tracks. We're never going to get people interested in coming back (or staying) if we allow the trolling to continue.

Who's a troll? Some of the best arguments come from people who've been dismissed as trolls.

We're all adults. Dismiss stupid posts for what they are & only acknowledge those with merit.

valkyrie

Who's a troll? Some of the best arguments come from people who've been dismissed as trolls.

We're all adults. Dismiss stupid posts for what they are & only acknowledge those with merit.
When they follow you around, even after you've ignored them, it's trolling. You want me to name the trolls? I'll name one: Cerise. I've reported her twice. She claims nothing was ever done.

Gotholic

When they follow you around, even after you've ignored them, it's trolling. You want me to name the trolls? I'll name one: Cerise. I've reported her twice. She claims nothing was ever done.

How do you know? If you were ignoring her then you would not know she said something like that as the ignore feature would prevent you from seeing her posts.

jimpeel

For the record, I didn't invite you to post these kinds of threads here. We're trying to have a troll free environment in the KK to avoid the bull shit in TRW forum.

A troll is someone who comes onto a board, posts one thread and then fails to come back to defend his contentions.

A troll is also someone who comes on a board and posts inflammatory posts to agitate the other board members.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So while the posts I have placed fail to meet the test of being inflammatory or off topic for the thread in which they are posted (If you hadn't noticed, the topic is mine so I cannot disrupt it) you, however meet the test of those who get all gooey and emotional over people actually exercising free speech.

You are welcome to either participate in the threads, ignore them, or become a properly defined troll and disrupt them. Your choice.

jimpeel

I find it soooooo interesting that those who say they want to avoid the pissing contests are the ones who start the pissing contest by calling other members names.

Of course you weren't the one who invited me here. You would never invite dissent or open debate.

By the way, when you posted "these kinds of threads" were you referring to these?

Anti-gay activist took ten-day holiday with male prostitute

Police beat man skipping for joy

Arizona moving towards police state

U.S. Bishops Quietly Reinstate Accused Priests

Bombs, steriods, and Hitler! The stuff of right wing christian terrorists.

By the way, all of the above are of current political interest and are newsworthy enough for the news outlets (gasp) to cover those stories.

My threads do likewise.

The new normal in Washington

(Cites facts and figures from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Hill, “Today Show,” “Meet The Press,” The St. Louis Beacon, Bloomberg, Tax Foundation, and Fox News’ “Special Report,”.)

Don't forget to ignore the left wing sources and declare all of the sources as right wing. I would expect nothing less.​

This Commie idiot calls for violent revolucion in the United States

In his own words, in his own voice, at an organized public gathering, calling for revolution within our borders while standing before a makeshift sign which states "Hate speech is not free speech."​

Live as a R.I.N.O. die as a R.I.N.O.

A current event story being covered by every news outlet in the country.​

In a police state the state of the police will be abnormal

Another current event story out of Seattle which is being covered by every news outlet.​

NOW, PISSING CONTEST OVER. I WILL POST WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT; AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE OR NOT. AS LONG AS THE POSTS ARE ON TOPIC AND NON-THREATENING YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

BOTHER ME NO FURTHER ABOUT THIS PLEASE!

spike

I'm not sure what the article is trying to say. The Obama administration continues to work on job creation. There's no indication their accepting the current crisis as "new normal".

clusterstock-4-2-2010-chart-of-jobs-lost-in-bush-and-obama-administrations.png

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
How many of those jobs are government? Especially part-time or limited engagement jobs?

Cerise

you, however meet the test of those who get all gooey and emotional over people actually exercising free speech.

I find it soooooo interesting that those who say they want to avoid the pissing contests are the ones who start the pissing contest by calling other members names.

AS LONG AS THE POSTS ARE ON TOPIC AND NON-THREATENING YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

;)

Oh, Snap!

Valkurree is a self-proclaimed 'net gangsta as this link illustrates:

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=631585&postcount=97