the opposite of road rage

kuulani

this morning at an intersection, even though i had the right of way, i let an old lady opposite me turn left. usually, the people i let go either acknowledges me with a wave or totally ignores me. but the surprise on this woman's face when i let her go was so happy that she even blew me a kiss to thank me.

that totally brightened my day. she was so cute.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I love it when you get good responses like that. I really don't like when people think it's your duty to move for them and they don't wave or smile or anything.

Good karma to ya, Ku'!

Professur

kuulani said:
this morning at an intersection, even though i had the right of way, i let an old lady opposite me turn left. usually, the people i let go either acknowledges me with a wave or totally ignores me. but the surprise on this woman's face when i let her go was so happy that she even blew me a kiss to thank me.

that totally brightened my day. she was so cute.

Not withstanding the guy behind you calling you all sorts of names for holding him up, of course.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
That's a nice happy story Ku'u. And now she'll maybe go do something nice for someone else. Good karma :D

unclehobart

Its is... but I wasn't a driver over there. As a passenger I tend to drift on by and only memorize landmarks instead of road names. Besides, a goodly chunk of the road names over there are unpronouncable to me. It's kind of hard to remember stuff like 18 versions of Kalalan'anamhua'anaakla Avenue.

kuulani

it was actually the intersection next to the police station :D

the old lady was so cute though, i could just barely make out her smile over the steering wheel :D

PrincessLissa

I hate it when buttholes don't wave after you have gone out of your way to let them in. I usualy try to be really nice to people on the road, and it drives me nuts when other people don't .

I would have blown you a kiss too! :D

Inkara1

Professur said:
That's been me many a time.
I normally don't complain about that... unless that random act of kindness made me barely miss a green light at an intersection notorious for long red lights, thus making me a few minutes late to work.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Inkara1 said:
I normally don't complain about that... unless that random act of kindness made me barely miss a green light at an intersection notorious for long red lights, thus making me a few minutes late to work.

So what's wrong with you leaving 15 minutes earlier, thus ensuring your tardiness is not an issue. ;) :D