The Patriot Act part deux

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Is it really law?

Obama signed the bill into law late Thursday night. The autopen was used because the president was in France, meeting with G8 leaders, and the bill's provisions expired at midnight.

The Hill

Article 1 Section 7 said:
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it,

He is the first President to use an autopen to sign law. What is the constitutional validity of his un-personal signature?

2minkey

bootlicker
it if passes muster as a legal signature - what's the problem? should the president not use a phone either because "it's not the same as in-person?" maybe we should ban computers from government too. they're sooooo impersonal.

Winky

I got Bin Laden

Who cares as long as the Patriot Act gets extended
Obambo must continue GW's policies regarding the war on terror!

2minkey

bootlicker
and you can continue to whine about obama, despite his continuation of certain policies that make sense!

catocom

it if passes muster as a legal signature - what's the problem? should the president not use a phone either because "it's not the same as in-person?" maybe we should ban computers from government too. they're sooooo impersonal.

If it passes legal muster?
It shouldn't in this day and age.

Use a phone? not to make law.

Ban computers? no, because they are used for other purposes, but we should
go back to a closed system that isn't open to the internet, beside the one that is.
I don't know who the first idiot that thought anything secret should be anywhere near the internet,
or stuff like the power grid...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Well then, we don't even need the man. We have a machine to to his signing. The President was shot? So, put him on life-support & use the autopen. He would have signed that bill.

Winky

Oh sorry I thought they represented the left perfectly.

25ko8le.jpg

Gotholic

Re: I got Bin Laden

Who cares as long as the Patriot Act gets extended
Obambo must continue GW's policies regarding the war on terror!

I hope you're kidding.

It is more of a war against the American people. There are over 1 million Americans on the "no fly list".

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin