The people have spoken

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
"Enough"..."we want fair & balanced news coverage", says the unwashed masses.

FOXNEWS BEATS BROADCAST NETWORKS FOR TUESDAY NIGHT COVERAGE OF CONVENTION -- HISTORIC UNPRECEDENTED NUMBERS FOR CABLE

10-11PM

FOXNEWS -- 5.2 MILLION
NBC -- 5.1 MILLION
CBS -- 4.4 MILLION
ABC -- 4.3 MILLION
MSNBC -- 1.6 MILLION
CNN -- 1.5 MILLION

HomeLAN

Um, it IS the REPUBLICAN convention. I like Fox as well, but the fact that conservatives are watching fox isn't a news flash.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
HomeLAN said:
Um, it IS the REPUBLICAN convention. I like Fox as well, but the fact that conservatives are watching fox isn't a news flash.
Shhh... You'll confuse him with all that logic.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh my confused & lost brethern. Do not think I don't come prepared ;)

The night of John Fing Kerry, winner of the Purple Heart triple crown, as well as a Bronze & Silver Star, thanks to his meritous & brave service in Vietnam (as well as taking on a rice bin-single handedly mind you), the night he took the stage & uttered the memorable phrase Reporting for Duty & accepted the nomination for Democrat Presidential choice, here were the numbers.

ABC 5.5/10 5,501,000
NBC 4.7/8 4,776,000
CBS 3.2/6 3,245,000
CNN 1.3/3 1,777,000
FOX 0.5/1 1,501,000
MSNBC 0.6/1 620,000

1.3 share/ 1,777,000 viewers. Barely edging out Fox & losing to the big three. Hardly a coup.

HomeLAN

...and liberals like network. Again, a real shock.

CNN has lost the title of farest left to the networks, and never had any appeal for right wingers. Seriously, this has been well understood for awhile now.

brownjenkins

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Does that count Canadians with 'illegal satellite dishes'? You know that FOXnews is banned in Canada, right? Something to do with 'moral decline'...in a country that has nekkid people and cursing on the telly...:lol2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The big numbers are over. Yet Fair & Balanced still beats Clinton News Network hands down. :shrug:

CABLE NEWS RACE
WED, SEPT 8, 2004

FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 2.2
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2.1 [RATING]
FOXNEWS GRETA 1.7
FOXNEWS BRIT HUME 1.4
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.3
CNN LARRY KING 1.2
CNN AARON BROWN 0.8
CNN PAULA ZAHN 0.6
MSNBC HARDBALL 0.6
MSNBC OLBERMAN 0.5
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.5
MSNBC NORVILLE 0.4
CNBC MILLER 0.1
CNBC MCENROE 0.1

Sheperd Smith beats Larry King? That's like your #3 going up against the Ace. :rofl:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As I was saying before being so rudely interupted ;)

NEW YORK -- For the first time in its history, Fox News Channel beat the combined competition in primetime during the third quarter of 2004, with major headlines of the summer including the national political conventions and a brutal string of hurricanes.

According to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News averaged 1.8 million viewers, while CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and Headline News averaged a combined total of 1.7 million. The quarter ended Sunday.

CNN came in a distant second, averaging 882,000 viewers, while MSNBC drew 421,000. Headline News averaged 226,000 in primetime, and CNBC attracted a paltry 133,000.

Variety

ResearchMonkey

101wc-owned.jpg

:D

catocom

You'd think the other news orgs would follow the lead that gets the ratings> :lol2:

I guess they are just too bias to see past their noses. :confused: