The post clock thingy on here hasn't followed DST...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Xibase has an option to have the clock automatically correct itself.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Xibase has an option to have the clock automatically correct itself.
It does? :eek:

Wow... I actually didn't know something about vBulletin that everyone else did... :eek2:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
well, the time is right there for me and i don't remember changing it and i haven't been drunk since the time change so it must have changed itself.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The server automatically adjusts DST... if your windows is set to automatically adjust for DST too, there isn't a problem... for those unlucky saps not affected by DST though, it's a bitch... i have like a dozen boards that I have tos et the clock back on

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
the server time should not be updated according to DST, since it works on GMT timings, if it changed the time, then the countries that don't use DST will have the wrong time.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
GMT time or GMT +/- X time, but it follows the rules of GMT, for example i'm GMT -6, my "true" time is always GMT -6, some countries have DST and they modify the time, in order to match it to GMT timings you need to change your GMT zone in the preferences.

The server should not change his time in order to please dst countries, that's responsability of the board software. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
the board doesn't have automatic timers that go off at certain dates. That requires a cron job to change a setting in the board.

Inkara1

Oddly enough, the board shows the right time for me...

Now: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:37 pm

it's 1:40 by my computer's clock right now, but I open up each subforum in a new window when I browse it, so that's why it's 3 minutes behind my clock.