The Ring (WARNING!!! In 7 Days of veiwing this thread, you will die!!)

Wacky Nacky

So anyone saw it besides me? :D What'd ya think? :D

I think the plotline was great but the movie was shitty. The whole idea is creepy in the first place. I think Samara should've maybe "stalked" her victims or made them hallucinate that she was nearby or something. She needed to show up more. Her lack of involvment in the movie doesn't make her live up to her potential of being horrifying. Seriously. I got so scared when thinking only about the plotline and Samara killing me, I was worried that Samara would attack me when I went to go pee. Luckily I remembered that the hole's only small enough that should could merely spank me :p

HeXp£Øi±

Their doesn't seem to be many people wishing to expose themselves to this thread. :D The plot was ok, the story was slow yet the last scene(when she climbs out of the well) was absolutely horrifying. I've seen most of of the best horror flicks over the past 15 years and that last scene had to be just about the most terrifying i've ever seen. I could hardly even bare look at the screen.
surprise.gif

Wacky Nacky

It was kinda creepy, and some parts of the film made me feel really horrified and scared, but there was never any part for the true...well, orgasm for lack of a better word, where you scream and let out your scaredom. I think they could've done better, especially since I saw Ringu, and the killings for ringu were much scarier. As was the killing of the Noah character (don't know the Japanese name for his character). The fact that Samara could move so speedily was a little bit creepy (like tiny drop), but in Ringu, Sadako (samara) was moving slowly, and you could see her fingernails were missing and yeah. It was just more better for the japanese and they should've carried that over for the American re-make.

IDLEchild

Sucked. Constant face time of Naomi Watts was the only high point, also the moody and brooding cinematography.

kuulani

I heard that the Japanese version was scarier too!! I saw a copy of it at Blockbusters and was thinking about renting it :eek:

Oz

kuulani said:
I heard that the Japanese version was scarier too!! I saw a copy of it at Blockbusters and was thinking about renting it :eek:

I've heard a few folks say that the original japanese version is definitely more scary :eek8:

Not many things scare me (with the exception of tax bills and unexplained stains on the bedclothes) but this movie certainly had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.........I'll never toss a coin in a wishing well again :eyepop:

peterska2

The ring was well scary. I saw it a couple of months back.

I heard that they are bringing out a new one this summer. I can't wait for it to hit the cinemas.

HeXp£Øi± said:
the story was slow yet the last scene(when she climbs out of the well) was absolutely horrifying. I've seen most of of the best horror flicks over the past 15 years and that last scene had to be just about the most terrifying i've ever seen. I could hardly even bare look at the screen

yes, i can totally relate man, totally!

freako104

bleach said:
I've heard a few folks say that the original japanese version is definitely more scary :eek8:

Not many things scare me (with the exception of tax bills and unexplained stains on the bedclothes) but this movie certainly had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.........I'll never toss a coin in a wishing well again :eyepop:

thats usually cause the Japense version will leave in certain things that the American would leave out. not unusual

peterska2

When did it come out over there anyway. It came out here the best part of 12 months ago coz the sequal is due soon.

pc_builder

I could be talking out my ass, but I thought the original Japanese version came out well over a year (or maybe two) before the American remake. The main reason it was released in America was because of the tremendous popularity of the original in Japan.

I haven't seen Ringu, but my video store has it and I plan on renting it. I have heard many times that the original is much better and scarier.

edit: once again I hit submit before I was done thinking.

I saw the remake. I thought it was good. The best part was when Samara crawled out of the well. A nice cerebral horror movie. With good shock value. :zap:

Oz

I've still got three days to go :eh:

I guess I should get my affairs in order while I still can :)

*phones the bank manager and laughs maniacally at him*

"Catch me if you can.........money grubbin' bastich"

IDLEchild

PrincessLissa said:
I loved that movie. In fact I am prolly going to watch the original Japenesse version or whatever this weekend.

It was a trilogy in japan. I have the sequel of it.

dimme

The movie was good, saw it at home, scared the shit outta me, but seriously Buttcrackdivine, I got more scared and shocked when I saw your picture of Michael Jackson :D