The South has risen again!!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Tonight was the final week of regular season high school football...rivalry week. And to my delight, the South Greene Rebels were leading the North Greene Huskies 51-0...at halftime...when we got tired of being cold and came home. SG had more players on their bench than NG had on their entire team. In fact, the only one from NG to catch a thrown ball was the girl who acted as equipment manager. Coach shoulda handed her a helmet, she couldn't have done any worse than the players did.

7 TDs and a safety in the first half...REBEL YELL!!

Inkara1

Want to know something funny? When I was with Caity last year, the football team for the high school she went to won its first sectional championship in ages... this year, with us broken up, the team went 0-10.

This part of the state starts a week later, so next week is rivalry week.

Inkara1

Hey, S'n'P, looks like South Greene even beat the spread.

I probably shouldn't mention that the same site I linked to also has a place to project matchups, and if, hypothetically, the high school I cover for the paper (Atascadero, CA) were to play South Greene at a neutral field, Atascadero would win 42-0.

Things look better in the hypothetical matchup between my alma mater (Paso Robles) and South Greene... Paso Robles would win 42-3.

There are two main leagues in the area, the PAC 7 League and the Los Padres League. Atascadero and Paso Robles are both in the PAC 7. The worst team in the PAC 7 is Arroyo Grande... which is projected to beat South Greene 26-14. The Los Padres League is for the smaller schools, generally. The worst team in the LPL is Santa Maria, and here the news gets better... South Greene 28, Santa Maria 14.

Project a matchup

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'd bet your high school is a different division too. South Greene is a small school. Greeneville has a 4A school. There are 4 high schools in the county system, all 2A. Now consider that Greene County is about 20th in population out of 95 counties in the State, and you start to see how small the school is. 4A isn't even the huge schools...

And yeah, you bring them Calipansies up on Rebel Hill and you can add a good 14 points on our side. IF border patrol even lets 'em in. :shrug:

It's South Greene, a mountain community with some mean-assed people afoot. They are the Rebels. The field is called something else officially, but even the PA announcer opens every game with a rousing "Wwwwwwwwwwellllllcooooooooooome to Rebel Hilllllllllllllllll!!!!" This is answered with a chorus of Rebel Yell whoops, eerily similar to the authentic item from the WONA. Every score, every first down, every defensive stop, is greeted with the Rebel Yell. Your boys ain't ready for that. Most teams ain't.

And South Greene is NOT the high school I graduated from either.

One other thing happened last night at the game that made me proud. There is a student group called Soldiers For Christ. Every school in the county has dropped them for PC reasons. Except you know who. And last night, there were over a dozen representatives from some ACLU wannabe bunch of nutrubbers there to "investigate". Before the game, students, parents, community members, anyone who wished to do so, gathered outside one of the end zones for a prayer *gasp*. Oh wait libs, it gets worse. Prior to kickoff the senior athletes in all fall sports were introduced with their parents. After that, but before the singing of our National Anthem, there was the requisite "moment of silence" But friends and neighbors, it t'weren't silent. Those kids began reciting the Lord's Prayer *dizzy spell* in unison, and they weren't mumbling. And the coolest part? (Hold on to your garters, Shrillary) Every bit of this was initiated, coordinated, and led by the students themselves. I overheard one sitting a couple rows behind us say, "Ain't no way these people gonna tell US when and where we can pray. We're Americans."

All in all, a nice evening out.

Slim Pickens

Hey, S'n'P, looks like South Greene even beat the spread.

I probably shouldn't mention that the same site I linked to also has a place to project matchups, and if, hypothetically, the high school I cover for the paper (Atascadero, CA) were to play South Greene at a neutral field, Atascadero would win 42-0.

Things look better in the hypothetical matchup between my alma mater (Paso Robles) and South Greene... Paso Robles would win 42-3.

There are two main leagues in the area, the PAC 7 League and the Los Padres League. Atascadero and Paso Robles are both in the PAC 7. The worst team in the PAC 7 is Arroyo Grande... which is projected to beat South Greene 26-14. The Los Padres League is for the smaller schools, generally. The worst team in the LPL is Santa Maria, and here the news gets better... South Greene 28, Santa Maria 14.

Project a matchup

[2007] West Monroe (LA) 42, [2007] Paso Robles (CA) 22
BTW, the West Monroe REBELS:beardbng:

Inkara1

If nothing else, we know that pretty much any high school team we're talking about would beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers right about now. Anyone watching that game? Kansas 69, Nebraska 31... with the whole fourth quarter left to play.

Inkara1

I'd bet your high school is a different division too. South Greene is a small school. Greeneville has a 4A school. There are 4 high schools in the county system, all 2A. Now consider that Greene County is about 20th in population out of 95 counties in the State, and you start to see how small the school is. 4A isn't even the huge schools...

And yeah, you bring them Calipansies up on Rebel Hill and you can add a good 14 points on our side. IF border patrol even lets 'em in. :shrug:

It's South Greene, a mountain community with some mean-assed people afoot. They are the Rebels. The field is called something else officially, but even the PA announcer opens every game with a rousing "Wwwwwwwwwwellllllcooooooooooome to Rebel Hilllllllllllllllll!!!!" This is answered with a chorus of Rebel Yell whoops, eerily similar to the authentic item from the WONA. Every score, every first down, every defensive stop, is greeted with the Rebel Yell. Your boys ain't ready for that. Most teams ain't.

And South Greene is NOT the high school I graduated from either.

If we compare school enrollments... South Greene has an enrollment of 549. The closest public high school around here to that is Templeton with 800. The predictor predicts Templeton 31, South Greene 6. That beats the 14-point home field advantage.

Hey, Slim... West Monroe is ranked 30th nationally. It's too bad ULM can't tap into some of the talent that seems to be available right there in town.

Inkara1

I haven't known many high school teams that go to another state for a game to fly out the day of the event.