The Story That Left SnP Speechless

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

Organizers of a "Women of Color Dialogue" at Northeastern University in Boston were forced to open an event to all races after initially proclaiming that white women would not be allowed, according to the Northeastern University News.

Members of the Women's Studies and Graduate Consortium wanted to exclude white women from the first session of the dialogue. They said it needed to remain racially segregated in order to help the participants come together on issues that many of them felt were perpetrated by white people.

But after hearing complaints from two caucasian students, the Student Government Association and the school provost, the event was opened to all. Dr. Robin Chandler, director of women's studies and one of the organizers of the event, said she was disappointed by the demand.

"I think it's a shame that one or two white students based on white privilege, a lack of awareness of racial issues and a lack of generosity of spirit complained to the office of the provost and were able, because they were white, to gain admission to the morning session that I was forced to open up," Chandler said.

**end**

OK, maybe not speechless. :evilcool:

Shall we begin?

Strike one.

forced to open an event to all races after initially proclaiming that white women would not be allowed

Doncha just hate when one segment of the country is so racist against a group of people? I mean, we're all equal. Why should whites not be allowed into the party? Do they have to drink from separate water fountains too?

Members of the Women's Studies and Graduate Consortium wanted to exclude white women from the first session of the dialogue. They said it needed to remain racially segregated in order to help the participants come together on issues that many of them felt were perpetrated by white people.

Translation: "OK, everyone. Let's all get our heads together and make sure we are blaming the white women for everything, all right? Is everyone OK with that?"

"Holla at a sistah!"

But after hearing complaints from two caucasian students, the Student Government Association and the school provost, the event was opened to all.

Translation: We can pull that shit too. Squeaky wheels come in all colors. Many brave black people, often acting alone, have made tremendous strides toward ending unfair racist practices. Now it's our turn I guess.

Dr. Robin Chandler, director of women's studies and one of the organizers of the event, said she was disappointed by the demand.

Fucked up your agenda, dinnit Toots? Hate that.

"I think it's a shame that one or two white students based on white privilege, a lack of awareness of racial issues and a lack of generosity of spirit complained to the office of the provost and were able, because they were white, to gain admission to the morning session that I was forced to open up," Chandler said.

But ya see, Robin honey, I have a dream. I have a dream where white women can sit down side by side with black women and eat doughnuts and drink coffee together. I have a dream where radical feminists of all creeds can come together, away from this cloak of racism, and hash out everything men do wrong side by side. I have a dream, where no one is excluded based on the color of their skin.

Damn. Guess I showed my racist side again. What an awful person I am.

Liliandra

If you're not speachless I darn near am... geeze *will formulate response and come back later* jykes....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Speechless my ass, that has to land in the top 5 for funniest shit I've ever seen.