The Thermaltake Titty Knob

Aunty Em

Oh you know.. the social democrates... they used to call themselves the social democrate liberal party at one time... I can't get out of using the old initials, the SDP never looks right to me.

Arris

steweygrrrr said:
I have no clue who they are as I am only 20 and know of the major parties only

SDP = Yellow. (The British Social Democratic Party (SDP) is a defunct United Kingdom political party which existed between 1981 and 1990.)
Tory = Blue.
Labour = Red.

Hang on I might be mixing up the SDP with the Liberal Party.. :retard:

Aunty Em

sorry, they're Liberal Democrats now... they've changed their name so many bloody times I just can't keep up!

http://www.liberalhistory.org.uk/history.php

They represent the middle ground between Labour and the Conservatives. Many past conservative voters here will not vote labour on principle but will vote liberal... hence many labour supporters ike myself vote stategically to keep the conservatives out in general elections.

Aunty Em

My own ward for council elections is staunchly labour, and so I vote labour in local elections primarily because the labour councillors have tirelessly campaigned for the regeneration this area and to get much needed facilities for the local community... in particular CCTV surveylance around the local shop areas (x2), a regular saturday large item/garden waste collection service point, grants for landscaping and play equipment, neighbourhood patrols, a youth club, a kids after school club, the new health centre, the leisure centre attached to the arts college, the soon to be completed new community centre and regular monthly meetings with the local residents committee. Greenstead is one of the largest council estates in England with over 5000 households plus a tendency for past councils to dump single parent families up here with no facilities. It has a bad reputation which was earnt years ago but most of the estate is now OK with just one or two small areas of resistance which are gradually being whittled down and with the opening of the community centre it will have some of the best facilities in the area.

There is also a council housing office located in the old pub (there are no pubs in the immediate area any more just a community bar which you have to be a member of - troublemakers need not apply!) plus 3 churches within 200 yards of each other, 3 schools (2 elementary, I arts college). A skatepark, a floodlit basketball area and football pitches and a wildlife conservation area just down the hill from me. Plus numerous mother and baby clubs, kids clubs run by the churches, an advice centre, a library, Signpost, Right Start and a Yearly Festival (which I've performed my poetry at for the last 3 years), etc. Not bad considering that when I left here 11 years ago to move to Ipswich there was literally nothing beyond the shops and the pub!

The most important change though is that people now take pride in the estate, get involved in community projects and won't put up with a few nuisances spoiling things for the vast majority of the residents.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Aunty Em said:
My own ward for council elections is staunchly labour, and so I vote labour in local elections primarily because the labour councillors have tirelessly campaigned for the regeneration this area and to get much needed facilities for the local community... in particular CCTV surveylance around the local shop areas (x2), a regular saturday large item/garden waste collection service point, grants for landscaping and play equipment, neighbourhood patrols, a youth club, a kids after school club, the new health centre, the leisure centre attached to the arts college, the soon to be completed new community centre and regular monthly meetings with the local residents committee. Greenstead is one of the largest council estates in England with over 5000 households plus a tendency for past councils to dump single parent families up here with no facilities. It has a bad reputation which was earnt years ago but most of the estate is now OK with just one or two small areas of resistance which are gradually being whittled down and with the opening of the community centre it will have some of the best facilities in the area.

There is also a council housing office located in the old pub (there are no pubs in the immediate area any more just a community bar which you have to be a member of - troublemakers need not apply!) plus 3 churches within 200 yards of each other, 3 schools (2 elementary, I arts college). A skatepark, a floodlit basketball area and football pitches and a wildlife conservation area just down the hill from me. Plus numerous mother and baby clubs, kids clubs run by the churches, an advice centre, a library, Signpost, Right Start and a Yearly Festival (which I've performed my poetry at for the last 3 years), etc. Not bad considering that when I left here 11 years ago to move to Ipswich there was literally nothing beyond the shops and the pub!

The most important change though is that people now take pride in the estate, get involved in community projects and won't put up with a few nuisances spoiling things for the vast majority of the residents.
:huh:

*understanding capability has been exceeded. Brain matter has been detected dribbling out of left nostril*

I like Jam

HubbaHubba

a friend of mine with a close-to equal physique (little bigger) has the shirt.. there are no buttons on the nipples though :s

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Man, and off topic thread in an off topic forum that went horribly off topic.

:lol:

You guys better stop being so serious with guvment and stuff of I'll have to send you all to the grown up forum! :rofl2:

Professur

Ya see, this is why I'm a monarchist. No gov't with a 4 year term will ever undertake to spend money on building anything that won't be completed within their term. And too much stuff can't be done right that quickly. And heaven forefend that they might have to do something near the end of their term that might cost them votes.

A king can have 50 years to work on getting something right. And if he fucks up and gets outta line, you kill him and enthrone his smartest kid. A kid who now has a very real knowledge of his own mortality.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I like the last bit of your propositon Prof :elaugh:

osli I tried the big peeps forum. Didnt last two secs in there. I cant piece together a constructive argument especially when its all about US internal affairs. I dont have a clue :alienhuh: