The "Too Dumb to Live" file

Professur

Police Say Man Stealing Gas Used Lighter Fri Jun 3, 8:14 AM ET

THURMAN, N.Y. - A tip for would-be gasoline thieves. When stealing gas in the dark, don't use a lighter to see how you're doing. Police in Warren County say that's what Glen Germain Junior did when he was siphoning gas from a dump truck at a business in the Adirondacks last month.

The sheriff's department says Germain was transferring the fuel from the truck to a gas can when he used a lighter to see how full the container had become.

That sparked a fire that caused minor burns to his face and hands. The fire spread to a nearby forklift, which was destroyed in the blaze.

Germain has been charged with petit larceny and criminal mischief.

The arrest was Germain's second in a month for stealing gasoline from businesses in the town of Thurman, about 65 miles north of Albany.

Source

Uki Chick

Sounds like someone I know. Remember this one posted by Paul during the winter???? LOL

close to darwin experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got home, it's freezing, and it snowed.....

so I try start the snowblower, no luck, I try the choke, nothing

I try the electric starter....nothing.

I dawns on me...maybe it's low on gas, so I take off the cap, look in, and I can't see anything, but me being the good smoker I am, have a lighter in my pocket.

I take out the lighter, put it near the tank, put my thumb on the wheel, and....

dawrin awards pop into my mind, and I realize what I almost did.

I was almost an ex-paul

I would have been pining for the fjords