The true meaning of Rudolph

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose
and if you ever saw him, you would even say it glow.

All of the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him name,
they never let poor rudolph join in any reindeer games.

Then one foggy Christmas eve, Santa came to say,
"Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Then all the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee,
"Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, you'll do down in history"

There's also a little part at the beginning of the song that's sometimes sung that lists all the other reindeer...it goes as follows but it's not really necessary to know the story of rudolph...

You know, dancer and dancer, and prancerm and vixen. Comet, and cupid, and donner and blitzen...but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all??

Nose? NOSE? You mean all these years it wasn't Rudolph the Redneck Reindeer?

I feel faint. Somebody fetch me some cool branch water, I need to lie down...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Nose? NOSE? You mean all these years it wasn't Rudolph the Redneck Reindeer?

I feel faint. Somebody fetch me some cool branch water, I need to lie down...

It's Leroy The Redneck Reindeer...read the "Things that make you think of other members" thread :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Leroy is NOT a redneck name.

Bubba
Jesse
Your choice of any two initials
Junior
Your choice of any two initials PLUS Junior
Roy Lee
________ Lee
Waymon
Roscoe

THEM's redneck names

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mike is a redneck, just not necessarily a redneck name. You hang Waymon Lee on a kid and his fate is sealed.

So, Leroy is a redneck reindeer even if he doesn't have a redneck name...just like Mike is a redneck without a redneck name :p

Aunty Em

Aww heck, forget the redneck names, just slap me a decent sized reindeer steak on the barby... I'm hungry. :licklips:

BlurOfSerenity

the more i think about it, the other reindeer wouldn't give 2/10 of a crap if not for santa. so, i think the true meaning of rudolph is:

you ain't shit until someone important says you are.

JJR512

I agree with Mark...Santa requested rudolph lead the sleigh, after he realized rudolph's red nose would be of value in the fog...rudolph never had to "prove his worth" prior to Santa asking for his help.

Ah, so Rudolph's value was only found after someone was forced to look for it. Nobody could give a rat's ass about him until they realized they needed him to do something for them. Like my sister says...
the more i think about it, the other reindeer wouldn't give 2/10 of a crap if not for santa. so, i think the true meaning of rudolph is:

you ain't shit until someone important says you are.

catman

Origanilly, the song "Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer" was written be
Gene Autry, a singing cowboy star of the 30's and 40's. The Rudolph song was written in the early 50's by Gene, as was the song "Here come Santa Clause. Gene was a good christian and had wonderful moral standards. He loved children and excelled in helping children throughout the world.

Have you heard about "Hector the brown-nosed reindeer"?
He could run just as fast as the other reindeer, he just couldn't stop nearly as fast. Author: unknown