The War is back on

MrBishop

I don't think Cat (or Gonz) would have to be heading to any store prior to plugging.

So, two guys with rifles somehow magically get onto the roof of your house and start shooting up the neighbourhood. Police arrive and shoot them dead, one of them falls and lands on your cat. Was that the cop's fault?

*Always wanted to say this but...*

Fuck the pussy, we're talking about kids here!

You're assuming that if you want to get onto someone's roof, that you have to ask permission or even let them know about it. Even if they did know about it, Which one of the kidlets was supposed to stand in front of the two armed gunmen...the ten-year old girl or the 6-month old baby girl?

spike

If you can't tell individuals, and corporations, from the gov. here, I guess
we are done conversing.

You're question was "So, how is the US using it?" right? US corporations are part of the US. Politicians often pander to corporations.

spike

I know the facts. I was curious if you do.

Major Hostilities haven't ended? The B17s dropping heavy bombs must be in stealth mode, 'eh? The 4thID has their tanks on run silent run deep?

Terrorists & ba'athists, being supported by Iran, Syria & the the left keep the fight alive.

If you know the facts why don't you use them? I'll bite though. The stats for civilains deaths attributed to American/Allie forces since major hostilities ended is what?

The fight is kept alive by the idiotic mishandling of the situation supported by the right.

Professur

*Always wanted to say this but...*

Fuck the pussy, we're talking about kids here!

You're assuming that if you want to get onto someone's roof, that you have to ask permission or even let them know about it. Even if they did know about it, Which one of the kidlets was supposed to stand in front of the two armed gunmen...the ten-year old girl or the 6-month old baby girl?

As usual, you missed the point. No great suprise there.

MrBishop

As usual, you missed the point. No great suprise there.

You're trying to equate the accidental death of a cat through the proper use of force by police to the death of 5 little girls by an over-the-top use of force by military personnel. You want to equate the two?

Try this...

So, two guys with rifles somehow magically get onto the roof of your house and start shooting up the neighbourhood. Police arrive and set fire to your house, killing your wife, mum, daughter and two sons. Was that the cop's fault? :hmm:

highwayman

So, two guys with rifles somehow magically get onto the roof of your house and start shooting up the neighbourhood. Police arrive and set fire to your house, killing your wife, mum, daughter and two sons. Was that the cop's fault? :hmm:

You bet your ass, they were responsible for torching the theoretical house so the theoretical blame is on who lit the fire.. So why were these theoretical cops without the proper equipement other then a lighter??

MrBishop

You bet your ass, they were responsible for torching the theoretical house so the theoretical blame is on who lit the fire.. So why were these theoretical cops without the proper equipement other then a lighter??

Because they were driving a theoretical tank... and blowing up a house is much more fun than shooting the theoretical terrorists with their theoretical M16s.

Cerise

We attacked Iraq without good cause and we're supplying Israel with offensive weapons. What's the problem here?

The problem is THIS:

alqueda said:
"We have not reached parity with them. We have the right to kill 4 million Americans -- 2 million of them children -- and to exile twice as many and wound and cripple hundreds of thousands. Furthermore, it is our right to fight them with chemical and biological weapons, so as to afflict them with the fatal maladies that have afflicted the Muslims because of the [Americans'] chemical and biological weapons."

And many dems agreed that THAT is the problem:

kennedy said:
"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed."

kennedy said:
"As a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I firmly believe that the issue of Iraq is not about politics. It's about national security. We know that for at least 20 years, Saddam Hussein has obsessively sought weapons of mass destruction through every means available. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons today. He has used them in the past, and he is doing everything he can to build more. Each day he inches closer to his longtime goal of nuclear capability -- a capability that could be less than a year away.

h.clinton said:
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members... "

albright said:
"Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

spike

The problem is THIS:

The quote of mine you referenced was regarding Soviets supplying Iran with defensive weapons yet you replied with a quote supposedly from "alqueda" without any link.

You're a little off topic and they frown on quotes with no source around here.

BB

The violence is Iraq is limited to a small section in & near Bahgdad. 95% of the country is not experiencing violence. Maybe if you'd quit appeasing Mutaq al Sadr & his buds the Iranians (read Hezbollah) the violence would end. As long as there's discord among the allies, the enemy has a chance to create a situation like we had in the 60's & 70's when the US began losing credibility because of liberalism.

then the British deaths in Basra are fictitous yes?

You wanna tell that to the mums of all the squaddies down South?

I'll give you a phone number, if you like ... you call her and tell her that!

maybe it's all unreal ... really her son is alive ..as a statisitic somewhere?

Go tell her if it isn't in Baghdad it doesn't happen! :grumpy:

Cerise

The quote of mine you referenced was regarding Soviets supplying Iran with defensive weapons yet you replied with a quote supposedly from "alqueda" without any link.

You're a little off topic and they frown on quotes with no source around here.

You got my back? Thanks, bro. I figured the alqueda quote was common knowledge:

http://www.jewishpost.com/jp0911/jpn0911c.htm

I was just too focused on the "without cause" part--that's what I get for not paying attention---but I will point out after your post at #9 this thread went "a little off topic." :hug:

Would this be related to the original topic?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/19/MNGJGMFUVG1.DTL

Across Russia, Islam is thriving. Experts say the country is undergoing a startling change and that if current trends continue, more than half of Russia's population will be Muslim by midcentury.

"Russia is going through a religious transformation that will be of even greater consequence for the international community than the collapse of the Soviet Union," said Paul Goble, an expert on Islam in Russia and a research associate at the University of Tartu in Estonia.

By the way, have you checked your terrorism risk lately?
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=18048702267320519909

Mine is
16% NUCLEAR
23% BIOLOGICAL
13% CONVENTIONAL

BB

off topic at OTC??

hey, you guys don't need to worry.

With the stern TOPIC Guardians of Prof and myself here, you can sleep well at nights knowing the OTC code will be upheld!

* BB: seen any suspicious long haired haggis in dis 'ere thread Prof?

Prof: Nah ... but if i do .... *

Cue dramatic music

BB

...well, since we are getting a little low on de ol' air-freshener ...

.. y'know we did'nt really wanna say owt, like ..

...but ...

your brain was officially declared dead some time ago, mate!!

It's the wierd combination of the ice-cold canadian weather and the Radioactive mutations that are actually keeping you "alive" ...

hope this isn't too much of a shock!

best BB ;) :D

BB

CONVENTIONAL ... being the missus, yes?

BIOLOGICAL ... being "Not" the missus, yes?

NUCLEAR ... being when the Missus and the "not the Missus" might ever potentially meet? :eek5: ;)

... now that is WAR!

... *ahem* ...

... not that i would know or anything ... ;) ... :bolt: