The Watercooler

Professur

If you want a job at Ben's, you literally have to wait for someone to die. I've been getting served there by the same guy for over 15 years.

Professur

Frig. This conversation is making my mouth water. And i'm not scheduled downtown at all this week.

Damn it.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Don't you have any bugs installed you can activate from home? Works great for slow times. :wink2:

Professur

The Frosted Frog brand was discontinued 2 years ago.

PT, I'm shocked at the suggestion. 'Sides, too many of my clients are financial institutions for me to attempt that.

PT

Ok well, I've never done it myself either. :hmm: Thought about it though, thought real hard about it. :disgust2:

Professur

PuterTutor said:
Ok well, I've never done it myself either. :hmm: Thought about it though, thought real hard about it. :disgust2:

Twice I've had to deal with the aftermath of a timebomb left by a fired network admin. It's amazing the damage you can do when you're inside the security. One company was smarter and called me in to look at the machines before they called the meeting.

They asked me to sit in, saying nothing. Just to sit there. When the to-be-former admin came in and saw me, his face dropped. His boss told him he was being fired, but before he left, he had the chance to avoid jail time. That I'd looked at the machines and had found somethings that shouldn't be there. And that if they weren't there by the end of the meeting, they'd be forgotten about.

The admin spent the next hour pulling stuff. Including a lot of stuff I hadn't caught. What really got me was when he pulled what I'd assumed was a remote admin card from a server. It was designed to short the entire server, hard drives, tape backup and all. Would have made it damn tough to get them back up and running, I'll tell you.

PT

Damn, I guess there are some vindictive people, like I said, I've thought about it, but never had the balls or stupidity to actually do it. But to actually rig the stuff while you still work there? I assume he must have guessed the end was coming soon. :confuse3:

PT

Not that impressive for a guy really, Vortex. All you really need is a bucket in front of your chair. Wait. I think I may have said too much.

Vortex

:alienlol: Aaaa, , so now the truth is finally out !!

*looks at PT's avatar*

Dunno why, but that could remind me of this situation ;)