The world is a lesser place

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
b May 1924 to Italian legal immigrant parents, married to the same woman for over 60 years, 12 children (9 girls, 3 boys) with only two divorces among them, 26 grandchildren, about 9 great grandchildren.

Sole provider for the family (yes, they were poor), American POW in Germany for 10+ months, (took the death march & survived) worked 2 or three jobs at a time...worked in Joslyn Steel Mill on the Manhattan project & had enough honor not to blame the government for his choices, didn't even use the VA until he was convinced he earned the right.

He stood up straight & earned the respect of all those who met him. No matter the hardships, he never complained, blamed or wish less for others.

Patrick J DeRose, my wifes father, died this afternoon, leaving behind a loving wife, 12 adoring children & world that doesn't know it is now less.

Inkara1

I'll offer my condolences as well.

DeRose... that's not related to a Sam DeRose of Atascadero, is it? His real first name is Salvatore. He's the athletic director for the high school I cover sports of for the paper.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Funeral home today...Burial tomorrow...went & bought a Vito Correlone suit, to carry the casket.

Death sucks.